Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
able appear attention authority believe Bishop blessed body called cause character Christ Christian church circumstances colony communication conduct considerable considered continued course death desire directed Divine doctrine duty effect established evidence existence express Faber fact faith father feelings formed friends give given Government hand heart holy hope human important Indians instruction interesting kind knowledge labour language late learned least live Lord master means ment mind minister Missionary moral nature never object Observer original period persons practice prayer present principles prove readers reason received religion religious remains remarks respect reward sacred Scripture seems Slaves Society spirit sufferings things thought tion true truth whole wish
345. oldal - Doth Job fear God for nought ? Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side ? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land. But put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse thee to thy face.
145. oldal - As a shepherd seeketh out his flock in the day that he is among his sheep that are scattered ; so will I seek out my sheep, and will deliver them out of all places where they have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day.
530. oldal - For it was not an enemy that reproached me; then I could have borne it: neither was it he that hated me that did magnify himself against me ; then I would have hid myself from him : 13 But it was thou, a man mine equal, my guide, and mine acquaintance. 14 We took sweet counsel together, and walked unto the house of God in company.
535. oldal - I have surely heard Ephraim bemoaning himself thus: Thou hast chastised me, and I was chastised, as a bullock unaccustomed to the yoke: turn thou me, and I shall be turned; for thou art the Lord my God.
14. oldal - Then I looked on all the works that my hands had wrought, and on the labour that I had laboured to do : and behold, all was vanity and vexation of spirit, and there was no profit under the sun.
13. oldal - And I gave my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly: I perceived that this also is vexation of spirit. For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.
431. oldal - As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness.
63. oldal - In the wars of the European powers in matters relating to themselves we have never taken any part, nor does it comport with our policy so to do. It is only when our rights are invaded or seriously menaced that we resent injuries or make preparation for our defence.
346. oldal - Godliness is profitable for all things; having the promise of the life that now is, as well as of that which is to come.
212. oldal - Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.