Discourses Preached at the Temple Church, and on Several Occasions: To which are Added Discourses on the Use and Intent of Prophecy, Together with Dissertations: a Charge to the Clergy of the Diocese of London, a Letter on the Earthquake in MDCCL, and the Trial of the Witnesses of the Resurrection of Jesus
Clarendon Press, 1812
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
affections againſt alſo Apoſtle argument authority becauſe beſt bleſſed called caſe cauſe charity Chriſt Chriſtian church circumſtances command common concern condition conſcience conſequence conſider direct doctrine duty evidence evil faith fear firſt follow give given Goſpel hands happineſs happy heart himſelf honour hopes Jews judge juſt King kingdom labour live Lord matters means mind moſt muſt nature neceſſary never obedience objects obligations obſerve ourſelves peace perſons pleaſure poor practice preſent prince principles proper prophet Providence puniſhments queſtion reaſon receive relation religion reſpect reward rich rule ſaid ſame Saviour ſay ſecurity ſee ſeen ſenſe ſet ſhall ſhew ſhould ſince ſome ſtate ſubject ſuch ſuffer ſupport themſelves theſe things thoſe thought tion true truth unto uſe vice virtue
343. oldal - Let him that stole, steal no more, but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.
251. oldal - And it came to pass, when the time was come that he should be received up, he stedfastly set his face to go to Jerusalem, and sent messengers before his face : and they went, and entered into a village of the Samaritans, to make ready for him. And they did not receive him, because his face was as though he would go to Jerusalem.
253. oldal - And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did? But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of. For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them.
159. oldal - But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.
5. oldal - Ye men of Israel, hear these words, Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know...
448. oldal - Nevertheless he left not himself without witness, in that he did good, and gave us rain from heaven, and fruitful seasons, filling our hearts with food and gladness.
157. oldal - For this cause left I thee in Crete, that thou shouldest set in order the things that are wanting, and ordain elders in every city, as I had appointed thee : 6 If any be blameless, the husband of one wife, having faithful children not accused of riot or unruly.
1. oldal - For they themselves shew of us what manner of entering in we had unto you, and how ye turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God ; and to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.