Christian Unity Doctrinally and Historically Considered: In Eight Sermons Preached Before the University of Oxford, in the Year MDCCCXVI, at the Lecture Founded by the Late Rev. John Bampton, M.A., Canon of Salisbury
University Press for the author; sold by J. Parker, 1817 - 465 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Christian Unity Doctrinally and Historically Considered: In Eight Sermons ...
John Hume Spry
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2020
allowed Apostles appear Appendix appointed argument attempt authority believe bishops blessed body called cause Christ Christian Church Church of England common communion conduct consider continue desire direct divine divisions doctrine duty Ecclesiæ Edit effect equally error established evidence evil faith Fathers favour give given Gospel hands hath hearts holy interpretation Jesus labours language learned liturgy Lord maintained means ment mind ministers nature necessary never NOTE object observed opinion origin passage peace perhaps persons practice prayer present preserved primitive profession prove quæ quam quod reason received Reformation religion respect rule says schism Scriptures sense separation SERMON shew sincere speak spirit sufficient taught testimony things tion true truth union unity universal unto whole worship writings και
80. oldal - Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ : that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel...
417. oldal - What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.
70. oldal - Moreover as for me, God forbid that I should sin against the Lord in ceasing to pray for you: but I will teach you the good and the right way: only fear the Lord, and serve him in truth with all your heart: for consider how great things he hath done for you.
49. oldal - Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you : as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you. And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost: whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them ; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.
316. oldal - In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.
415. oldal - And John answered and said, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name ; and we forbad him, because he followeth not with us. 50 And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not : for he that is not against us is for us.