Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Amazon American Indians amongst animal arrows ashore Author Ba'tiste bank battle beautiful buffalo Camanchees canoe Charley chief civilized cloth extra colours Connibos curious dance deer distance doctor dress Edition Elihu Burritt enemies eyes father Fcap feet fire forest Fort Gibson friends governor grass Grizzly Bears ground hand head heard hundred hunting Illustrations Indian tribes Ioways kettle of gold killed lances Lick Lingua Geral live look Mah-to-toh-pa Mandans medicine medicine men miles mode mountains mouth never night Obidos old Minie paddle painted party passed pipe Pipe of Peace poison poor portrait prairies rifle river robes saddle Sampson Low savage scalp scalp-locks seen shore shot side Sioux skins Small post 8vo smoke Spathe Spirit steamer things told took travelling trees Trombutas Turtle Hunt valley village vols warriors wig-wam wild horses women Wyoming Massacre young
8. oldal - The English Catalogue of Books : giving the date of publication of every book published from 1835 to 1863, in addition to the title, size, price, and publisher, in one alphabet. An entirely new work, combining the Copyrights of the " London Catalogue" and the
8. oldal - Publishers' Circular (The), and General Record of British and Foreign Literature ; giving a transcript of the title-page of every work published in Great Britain, and every work of interest published abroad, with lists of all the publishing houses. Published regularly on the ist and isth of every Month, and forwarded post free to all parts of the world on payment of 8s.
9. oldal - The superiority of this justly-famed Lexicon is retained over all others by the fulness of its quotations, the including in the vocabulary proper names, the distinguishing whether the derivative is classical or otherwise, the exactness of the references to the original authors, and in the price. '' Every page bears the impress of industry and care.
4. oldal - Familiar Words. An Index Verborum, or Quotation Handbook. Affording an immediate Reference to Phrases and Sentences that have become embedded in the English language. Second and enlarged Edition. "The most extensive dictionary of quotation we have met with." — Notes and Queries. Essays by Montaigne. Edited, Compared, Revised, and Annotated by the Author of "The Gentle Life.
20. oldal - The Land and the Book ; or, Biblical Illustrations drawn from the Manners and Customs, the Scenes and the Scenery of the Holy Land.
8. oldal - The American Catalogue, or English Guide to American Literature ; giving the full title of original Works published in the United States of America since the year 1800, with especial reference to the works of interest to Great Britain, with the size, price, place, date of publication, and London prices. With comprehensive Index.
8. oldal - The volumes before us show a vast amount of diligence ; but with Webster it is diligence in combination with fancifulness, — with Worcester in combination with good sense and judgment. Worcester's is the soberer and safer...
5. oldal - We should be glad if any words of ours could help to bespeak a large circulation for this handsome attractive book ; and who can refuse his homage to the good-humoured industry of the editor.