Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
according Apostles authority bear become believe blessed body brethren bring called cause character Christ Christian Church command darkness death desire divine doctrine doubt duty earth effect evil expression eyes faith fall Father fear feel follow give given glory God's Gospel grace hand hath heart heaven Holy honour hope human individual influence Jesus John judgment King knowledge labour land less light living look Lord means mind minister moral nature never object once opinions ourselves peace perhaps persons poor prayer preached present principle promise question reason receive religion religious rest rule Scripture sense SERMON society soul speak Spirit stand surely teach things thou thought tion true truth unto voice warning whole wisdom
17. oldal - That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him : 18 the eyes of your understanding being enlightened ; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints...
14. oldal - Giving no offence in any thing, that the ministry be not blamed : but in all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God, in much patience, in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses, in stripes, in imprisonments, in tumults, in labours, in watchings, in fastings...
16. oldal - I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy. Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?
16. oldal - THEY also are to be had accursed that presume to say, That every man shall be saved by the Law or Sect which he professeth, so that he be diligent to frame his life according to that Law, and the light of Nature. For Holy Scripture doth set out unto us only the Name of Jesus Christ, whereby men must be saved.
3. oldal - Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul ; having your conversation honest among the Gentiles : that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify Qod in the day of visitation.
35. oldal - Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord : and the fruit of the womb is his reward. As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man ; so are children of the youth. Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them : they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.
3. oldal - And Cornelius said, Four days ago I was fasting until this hour; and at the ninth hour I prayed in my house, and, behold, a man stood before me in bright clothing, 31 And said, Cornelius, thy prayer is heard, and thine alms are had in remembrance in the sight of God.
51. oldal - But we were gentle among you, even as a nurse cherisheth her children : So, being affectionately desirous of you, we were willing to have imparted unto you, not the gospel of God only, but also our own souls, because ye were dear unto us.
36. oldal - And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. 'And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it; for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
17. oldal - Then they that gladly received his word were baptized ; and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls ; and they continued steadfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.