« ElőzőTovább »
DEPARTMENTS OF THE EXHIBITION.
The Acting Members of the Executive Committee—Lieut-Colonel Reid and Mr. C. W. Duke (Control of
Building and General Superintendence); Mr. H. Cole (Space and Arrangement of Articles.)
Corresponding Secretary—Mr. F. Dunoombe. Registrar of Letters—Mr. Wade.
and Mr. Harman.
Space and Admission of Articles—Captain Owen and Lieutenant Crossman.
Spicer and Clowes. Scientific Editor—Mr. R. Ellis. Compiler—Mr. Yapp.
Lieutenant Stopford, RE.
Refreshments—Superintendent—Mr. J. Elderton; Messrs. Schweppe, (Contractor).
SUPERINTENDENTS OF CLASSES.
Class 1. Mining and Mineral Products—Professor Anbted, Mr. R. Hcnt, and Mr. Watson.
2. Chemical and Pharmaceutical Products—Dr. Lyon Playfair, Mr. A. Phillips, and Lieutenant
3. Substances used as Food. 4. Vegetable and Animal Substances used in Manufactures—Dr. Lindlev
and Mr. Matchwick.
5. Machines for direct use, including Carriages, Railway, and Marine Mechanism— Mr. Hensman
and Mr. Biddle.
6. Manufacturing Machines and Tools—Mr. Hensman and Lieutenant Craptf.e.
7. Civil Engineering, Architecture, and Building Contrivances—Mr. Hensman and Lieutenant
8. Naval Architecture, Military Engineering, Guns, Weapons, j-c.—Captain Westmacott, RE.,
and Mr. Watts, R.N.
9. Agricultural and Horticultural Machines and Implements—Mr. Brandreth Gidbs and Ensign
10. Philosophical, Musical, Horological, and Surgical Instruments—Lieut-Colonel Lloyd ami
11. Cotton—Mr. George Wallis and Mr. W. Hawkins.
12. Woollen and Worsted—Mr. G. Wallis and Mr. W. Hawkins.
13. Silk and Velvet. 14. Flax and Hemp—Mr. Wallis.
15. Mixed Fabrics, including Shawls—Mr. Wallis and Mr. Hawkins.
16. Leather, Saddlery and Harness, Shins, Fur, and Hair—Mr. Dodd.
17. Paper, Printing, and Bookbinding—Mr. Owen Jones.
18. Woven, Felted, and Laid Fabrics, Dyed and Printed—Mr. Wallis.
19. Tapestry, Carpets, Floorcloths, Lace and Embroidery, &c.—Mr. Lowe.
20. Articles of Clothing, for Immediate, Personal, or Domestic use—Mr. Wallis and Mr.W. Hawkins.
21. Cutlery, Edge and Hand Tools—Mr. R. A. Thompson.
22. General Hardware, including Lochs and Grates—Mr. R. A. Thompson.
23. Works m Precious Metals, Jewellery, $c.—Mr. Lowe.
24. Glass. 25. China, Porcelain, Earthenware, $c.—Lieutenant Pabley, R.E.
26. Furniture, Upholstery, Paper Hangings, Papier Mache, and Japanned Goods—Mr. C. T.
27. Manufactures in Mineral Substances, for Building or Decorations—Professor Ansted.
28. Manufactures from Animal and Vegetable Substances, not being woven or felted—Mr. C. T.
29. Miscellaneous Manufactures and Small Wares—Mr. Dodd.
30. Sculpture, Models, and Plastic Art, Mosaics, Enamels, $c.—Mr. Owen Jones.
A List of the Local Committees of tlie United Kingdom xchich returned Exhibitors, and Subscription* to