Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Athelstan Axminster Bart beams beauty Bedford Square beneath Berkeley bless bloom bosom Bothwell Castle brave breath breeze bright brow Bryanstone Square burst CATARACT OF LODORE cheer clouds cold copies dark death deep dream earth Edinburgh ev'ry fade fair fame fancy flower friends gaze glance Glasgow glory glow graceful grave grief hail hallow'd Hampstead hand hath heart Heaven Hill hope hour James John Lady landscape play life's light lingering lone Lord lov'd Maurice merry heart mingled Miss muse ne'er night NINIAN nymph o'er Paestum peace Polydore pow'r pride repose round Russell Square scene seneschal shade sigh silent sleep smile soft song sorrow soul Square star stream Street sweet tears theatre of blood thee thine Thorncombe thou art thought thro trace Twas voice wake WALDHAVES wave weep wild wind wing youth
42. oldal - ... fabling dreams, But words of the Most High, Have told why first thy robe of beams Was woven in the sky. When o'er the green, undeluged earth, Heaven's covenant thou didst shine, How came the world's gray fathers forth To watch thy sacred sign ? And when its yellow lustre smiled O'er mountains yet untrod, Each mother held aloft her child To bless the bow of God.
286. oldal - The muskets were flashing, the blue swords were gleaming, The helmets were cleft, and the red blood was streaming, The heavens grew dark, and the thunder was rolling, When in Wellwood's dark muirlands the mighty were falling...
281. oldal - Sounds and motions forever and ever are blending, All at once and all o'er, with a mighty uproar, — And this way the water comes down at Lodore.
279. oldal - With endless rebound: Smiting and fighting A sight to delight in; Confounding, astounding, Dizzying and deafening the ear with its sound. Collecting, projecting, Receding and speeding, And shocking and rocking, And darting and parting. And threading and spreading, And whizzing and hissing, And dripping and skipping, And...
41. oldal - When storms prepare to part, I ask not proud philosophy To teach me what thou art...
280. oldal - And hitting and splitting, And shining and twining, And rattling and battling, And shaking and quaking, And pouring and roaring, And waving and raving, And tossing and 'crossing, And flowing and going, And running and stunning, And foaming and roaming, And dinning and spinning.
69. oldal - Twas in heaven pronounced, and 'twas muttered in hell, And echo caught faintly the sound as it fell ; On the confines of earth 'twas permitted to rest, And the depths of the ocean its presence confest.
184. oldal - To thy protecting shade she runs, Thy tender buds supply her food; Her young forsake her downy plumes To rest upon thy opening blooms. Flower of the desert though thou art! The deer that range the mountain free, The graceful doe, the stately hart, Their food and shelter seek from thee; The bee thy earliest blossom greets, And draws from thee her choicest sweets.