Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
agricultural Almshouse amount annual Antietam arms army Back Bay banks Battery Light Artillery Boston Boston Harbor bounties Cadets capital Captain cattle Cavalry Cemetery cent citizens civil Coal Harbor Colonel Commissioners committee Common Commonwealth Congress Constitution contagious corps Court defence Department Died of wounds disease dollars duty enlisted established Executive expense Federal Fredericksburg Fund furnished Gettysburg Government Governor and Council harbor Heavy Artillery honor Hoosac Tunnel hundred industry Inebriates institution interest July June Killed labor land legislation Legislature loans Massachusetts ment militia months National officers ordnance patriotism persons pleuro-pneumonia Port Hudson present Provincetown Railroad rebel rebellion recruits Reg't Regiment Infantry respectfully schools scrip Second Lieut Sept soldiers South Carolina statute Superintendent tion towns Treasury troops Unattached Company Union Union army United Veteran Reserve Corps volunteers wealth West Point whole number William wounds received
29. oldal - Every subject of the Commonwealth ought to find a certain remedy, by having recourse to the laws, for all injuries or wrongs which he may receive in his person, property or character. He ought to obtain right and justice freely, and without being obliged to purchase it; completely, and without any denial; promptly, and without delay ; conformably to the laws.
71. oldal - The busy day, the peaceful night, Unfelt, uncounted, glided by; His frame was firm, his powers were bright, Though now his eightieth year was nigh. Then, with no throbs of fiery pain, No cold gradations of decay, Death broke at once the vital chain, And freed his soul the nearest way.
87. oldal - They never fail who die In a great cause : the block may soak their gore ; Their heads may sodden in the sun ; their limbs Be strung to city gates and castle walls — But still their spirit walks abroad. Though years Elapse, and others share as dark a doom, They but augment the deep and sweeping thoughts Which overpower all others, and conduct The world at last to freedom.
45. oldal - No portion of said fund, nor the interest thereon, shall be applied, directly or indirectly, under any pretence whatever, to the purchase, erection, preservation or repair of any building or buildings.
lxxii. oldal - It is for us, the living, rather, to be dedicated, here, to the unfinished work that they have thus far so nobly carried on. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us; that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they here gave the last full measure of devotion...
44. oldal - States in sections or subdivisions of sections, not less than onequarter of a section; and whenever there are public lands in a State subject to sale at private entry at one dollar and twentyfive cents per acre, the quantity to which said State shall be entitled shall be selected from such lands within the limits of such State...
44. oldal - Interior is hereby directed to issue to each of the States in which there is not the quantity of public lands subject to sale at private entry at one dollar and twenty-five cents per acre, to which said State may be entitled under the provisions of this act, land scrip to the amount in acres for the deficiency of its distributive share: said scrip to be sold by said States and the proceeds thereof applied to the uses and purposes prescribed in this act, and for no other use or purpose whatsoever...
42. oldal - Canst thou not minister to a mind diseased ; Pluck from the memory a rooted sorrow ; Raze out the written troubles of the brain ; And, with some sweet, oblivious antidote, Cleanse the stuffed bosom of that perilous stuff, Which weighs upon the heart ? Doct.
56. oldal - ... the different orders of the people, it shall be the duty of legislatures and magistrates, in all future periods of this commonwealth, to cherish the interests of literature and the sciences, and all seminaries of them; especially the university at Cambridge, public schools and grammar schools in the towns; to encourage private societies and public institutions, rewards and immunities, for the promotion of agriculture, arts, sciences, commerce, trades, manufactures, and a natural history of the...
45. oldal - State to which land scrip may thus be issued be allowed to locate the same within the limits of any other State or of any Territory of the United States, but their assignees may thus locate said land scrip upon any of the unappropriated lands of the United States subject to sale at private entry at one dollar and twenty-five cents, or less per acre: And provided further.