Twelve Lectures on the Acts of the Apostles Delivered on the Wednesdays During Lent in the Years 1827, 1828: To which is Added a New Edition of Five Lectures on the Gospel of St. John as Bearing Testimony to the Divinity of Jesus Christ
B. Fellowes, 1828 - 375 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Twelve Lectures on the Acts of the Apostles: Delivered on the Wednesdays ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2020
Acts amongst Apostles appears assertion authority baptized Barnabas believed blessed brethren brought called cause chapter Christian Church considered continued conversion death direct disciples divine doctrine earth effect eternal Evangelist expression fact faith Father follow Gentiles gifts give given glory Gospel grace hand hath heard hearers heart heathen heaven Holy Ghost human instance Jerusalem Jesus Christ Jewish Jews John judge kingdom knowledge labours LECTURE light Lord Luke mankind manner Master means Messiah mind ministry miracles nature necessary notion object once opened opinions Paul perfect persecution persons Peter practice prayer preaching present principles probably professed promise prophets question reason receive religion remarkable respect saved Saviour says Scriptures sense sent sincerity sins speak Spirit suffer teachers thee things thou tion true truth understand unto worship
323. oldal - And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.
281. oldal - Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.
24. oldal - But when they had commanded them to go aside out of the council, they conferred among themselves, saying, What shall we do to these men ? for that indeed a notable miracle hath been done by them is manifest to all them that dwell in Jerusalem, and we cannot deny it.
297. oldal - Then answered Jesus, and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do : for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.
300. oldal - For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me : for he wrote of me. But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?
41. oldal - But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up steadfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God...
279. oldal - And he saith unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Hereafter ye shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of man.
293. oldal - He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is above all.
215. oldal - And when they were come to him, he said unto them, " Ye know, from the first day that I came into Asia, after what manner I . have been with you at all seasons...