Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
action Annual answers applicant appointing officer appointing power Assistant Assistant Engineer authority Borough Boy or Girl Building candidates cause cent certificate character Chief Chief Clerk City Civil Service Commission Classification of positions Clerk Commissioners compensation competitive examination conduct Court Department Deputy determined discharge Draughtsman duties effect eligible list employed employment Engineer Examining Board experience failed Fire Department fitness force Foreman give given Grade held Inspector Keeper knowledge Laborers less Male marked Mechanical Medical ment Messenger months Municipal necessary notify Number Office Boy Park passed period person physical Police political practicable prescribed present promotion provisions qualifications questions reason received record reference registered regulations relative removal requisition residence rules satisfactory Schedule F School Second Secretary selected standing Stenographer and Typewriter subjects Superintendent temporary thereof tion transfer unless vacancy weight writing York
188. oldal - Appointments and promotions in the civil service of the State, and of all the civil divisions thereof, including cities and villages, shall be made according to merit and fitness to be ascertained, so far as practicable, by examinations, which, so far as practicable, shall be competitive...
54. oldal - The subjects of every state ought to contribute towards the support of the government, as nearly as possible, in proportion to their respective abilities ; that is, in proportion to the revenue which they respectively enjoy under the protection of the state.
18. oldal - Sixth, that no person in said service has any right to use his official authority or influence to coerce the political action of any person or body.
154. oldal - Laws repealed. — Of the laws enumerated in the schedule hereto annexed, that portion specified in the last column is hereby repealed.
189. oldal - ... provided, however, that honorably discharged soldiers and sailors from the army and navy of the United States in the late civil war, who are citizens and residents of this state, shall be entitled to preference in appointment and promotion, without regard to their standing on any list from which such appointment or promotion may be made. Laws shall be made to provide for the enforcement of this section.
12. oldal - Such examinations shall be practical in their character, and so far as may be shall relate to those matters which will fairly test the relative capacity and fitness of the persons examined to discharge the duties of the service into which they seek to be appointed.
50. oldal - ... who has been appointed to, employed, promoted or reinstated in any position in such service, upon such evidence as it may require or deem satisfactory...
135. oldal - ... those in the public service, in respect to the execution of this act; and, in the course of such investigations, each Commissioner and their secretary shall have power to administer oaths.
148. oldal - No person holding a position by appointment or employment in the state of New York or in the several cities, counties, towns or villages thereof, who is an honorably discharged soldier...
191. oldal - President any authority not inconsistent with this act conferred by the seventeen hundred and fifty-third section of said statutes; nor shall any officer not in the executive branch of the Government, or any person merely employed as a laborer or workman, be required to be classified hereunder; nor, unless by direction of the Senate, shall any person who has been nominated for confirmation by the Senate be required to be classified or to pass an examination.