Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Act of Uniformity Anglo-Saxon atheism Author Baxter beautiful become believe Bible blessed character chicory Christ Christian Church Church of England Church of Rome cloth Coleridge colonial Curran death divine doctrine Duke duty earnest earth England English evil EXETER HALL faith fear feel friends give glory God's gold Gospel grace heart heaven holy honour hope human influence insincerity inspiration J. H. Wilson Jesus labour land lecture less light living look Lord ment mighty mind ministers moral nations nature ness never object once persecution persons philosophy Pope practical prayer preach present principles Puritans R. M. Ballantyne racter reason reign religion religious revelation Richard Baxter Rome sceptics Scripture sincerity Small Crown 8vo soul speak spirit tell things thou thought tion Tractarians true truth unto Wellington whilst Wide Wide World words young
309. oldal - Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men...
317. oldal - I verily thought with myself, that I ought to do many things contrary to the name of Jesus of Nazareth. 10 Which thing I also did in Jerusalem : and many of the saints did I shut up in prison, having received authority from the chief priests ; and when they were put to death, I gave my voice against them.
314. oldal - For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves ; which show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another ;) in the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my Gospel.
48. oldal - BLESSED Lord, who hast caused all holy Scriptures to be written for our learning ; grant that we may in such wise hear them, read, mark, learn, and inwardly digest them, that by patience, and comfort of thy holy Word, we may embrace, and ever hold fast the blessed hope of everlasting life, which thou hast given us in our Saviour Jesus Christ.
310. oldal - FATHER of all ! in every age, In every clime adored, By saint, by savage, and by sage, Jehovah, Jove, or Lord ! Thou great First Cause, least understood, Who all my sense confined To know but this, that Thou art good, And that myself am blind...
314. oldal - For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law...
315. oldal - And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient.
103. oldal - Strike — till the last armed foe expires; Strike — for your altars and your fires; Strike — for the green graves of your sires, God — and your native land!
316. oldal - God ; for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is the rewarder of them that diligently seek him.