Horæ homileticæ, or Discourses, in the form of skeletons upon the whole Scriptures. [With] Appendix. (With indexes, prepared by T. H Horne). To which is annexed an improved ed. of a transl. of [J] Claude's Essay on the composition of a sermon, 3. kötet;18. kötet
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
acceptance according appear bear behold blessed bring brought called cause character Christ circumstances command committed conduct consider continue David death delivered desire divine doubt duty effect enemies eternal evil execute expect express eyes faith favour fear feel follow Gideon give given glory God's grace ground hand happiness hath heart heaven holy honour hope human Israel Jesus Judg judgment king less light live look Lord manner means mind nature never notice obtained occasion offered ourselves person Philistines piety possess prayer present promises prophet punishment reason received regard relation religion respect Samuel Saul serve shew sins Solomon sons soul spirit suffer sure thee thing thou thought true truth unto whilst whole
101. oldal - Entreat me not to leave thee, Or to return from following after thee: For whither thou goest, I will go ; And where thou lodgest, I will lodge: Thy people shall be my people, And thy God my God: Where thou diest, will I die, And there will I be buried: The Lord do so to me, And more also, If ought but death part thee and me.
429. oldal - And there came forth a spirit, and stood before the LORD, and said, I will persuade him. And the LORD said unto him, Wherewith ? And he said, I will go forth, and I will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And he said, Thou shalt persuade him, and prevail also : go forth, and do so.
486. oldal - And Elisha prayed, and said, LORD, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the LORD opened the eyes of the young man ; and he saw : and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.
263. oldal - The rich man had exceeding many flocks and herds : but the poor man had nothing, save one little ewe lamb, which he had bought and nourished up : and it grew up together with him, and with his children; it did eat of his own meat, and drank of his own cup, and lay in his bosom, and was unto him as a daughter.
533. oldal - In those days was Hezekiah sick unto death. And the prophet Isaiah the son of Amoz came to him, and said unto him, Thus saith the Lord, Set thine house in order; for thou shalt die, and not live.
395. oldal - ... in pieces the rocks before the Lord; but the Lord was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the Lord was not in the earthquake: and after the earthquake a fire; but the Lord was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice. And it was so, when Elijah heard it, that he wrapped his face in his mantle, and went out, and stood in the entering in of the cave. And, behold, there came a voice unto him, and said, What doest thou here, Elijah?
198. oldal - That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world...
425. oldal - Son of man, I have made thee a watchman unto the house of Israel: therefore hear the word at my mouth, and give them warning from me. When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life: the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.
313. oldal - And God said unto him, Because thou hast asked this thing, and hast not asked for thyself long life; neither hast asked riches for thyself, nor hast asked the life of thine enemies; but hast asked for thyself understanding to discern judgment; Behold, I have done according to thy words: lo, I have given thee a wise and an understanding heart; so that there was none like thee before thee, neither after thee shall any arise like unto thee.