A Summary View of the Millennial Church, Or United Society of Believers (commonly Called Shakers): Comprising the Rise, Progress, and Practical Order of the Society, Together with the General Principles of Their Faith and Testimony
Packard & Van Benthuysen, 1823 - 320 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
able according apostle appear attributes become believers blessed body bring brought called carnal character christians church coming command concerning confession considered continued corrupt creation cross darkness decree Divine doctrine duty earth effect established eternal evidently evil faith fall fallen Father feel female figure final flesh followers formed fruit give given God's gospel hand heart Heaven Hence holy human important increase influence Jesus Christ John kind Kingdom light living Lord manifested mankind manner means mind Mother Ann nature necessary never obedience object operations peace perfect person possess practice present principles profession promise propensities prophets prove reason received religion religious remark respect revealed righteousness salvation sins Society soul Spirit sufferings testimony things tion true truth unto virgin virtues whole witnesses worship
276. oldal - And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown and in his hand a sharp sickle.
237. oldal - And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from GOD, having the glory of GOD : and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal...
275. oldal - These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb. And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.
177. oldal - And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things ? And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.
109. oldal - And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven, to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years. And let them be for lights in the firmament of heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
179. oldal - But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.
109. oldal - And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.
121. oldal - The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.