The Bankers' Magazine, and Journal of the Money Market, 21. kötet
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
adopted advances affairs amount annum appeared arrangement assets balance bank bankers believed bills branches brought called capital carried cent Chairman charge circulation considerable considered continue corresponding course court creditors customers debts December deducted deposits directors discount dividend doubt duty effect ending England establishment exchange expenses extent fact fund further give gold Government half half-year hand hear held hoped important increase interest issued January June leaving a balance less liabilities loans London loss manager March meeting Messrs months notes paid passed past payable payment period position present profits proposed proprietors question railway receipts received recommended regard remain reserve fund respect result seconded securities shareholders shares showed statement taken thought trade whole York
685. oldal - to lay and collect taxes, to pay the debts and provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States...
685. oldal - The power to lay and collect taxes to pay the debts, and provide for the common defence and general welfare: or, 2. The power to borrow money on the credit of the United States: or, 3. The power to pass all laws necessary and proper to carry into execution those powers.
42. oldal - Any draft or order drawn upon a banker for a sum of money payable to order on demand, which shall when presented for payment purport to be indorsed by the person to whom the same shall be drawn payable, shall be a sufficient authority to such banker to pay the amount of such draft or order to the bearer thereof, and it shall not be incumbent on such banker to prove that such indorsement or any...
776. oldal - State ; and all notes and securities for the payment of money, or the delivery of property, made or given to any such association, institution or company, not authorized as aforesaid, shall be null and void...
159. oldal - Hon. the Vice-Chancellor Sir William Page Wood, doth hereby, in pursuance and execution of the powers given by the statute 23rd and 24th Victoria, cap.
104. oldal - HOWARD moved a vote of thanks to the Chairman for his conduct in the chair.
293. oldal - April 1 of that year it declared a dividend at the rate of 8 per cent per annum for the half year.
777. oldal - August, to keep any office of deposit for the purpose of discounting promissory notes, or for carrying on any kind of banking business or operations, which incorporated banks are authorized by law to carry on, or issue any bills, or promissory notes, as private bankers, unless thereunto specially authorized by law.
763. oldal - RESOLVED. That the Report now read be adopted, and that it be printed under the direction of the Board of Managers.
288. oldal - The net amount at the credit of the revenue account is £166,724, out of which the directors recommended the payment of a dividend at the rate of 7 per cent, per annum...