Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Abishag American appearance beautiful beneath Bimini bright called character Colonel Phocion Cuanaboa dear doctor earth Engravings exclaimed eyes father Firkins French gazed gentleman glory Halfmoon hand head heard heart heaven Hippolyte honour hope Horace Smith hour Indian interesting John Brown John Peck lady Latimer letter Lingua Franca lived LL.D looked manner Mansfield Mexitlis mind Miss Fin Miss Violet Montagu moral Moreton morning narrative Natty Bumpo nature never New-York night o'er observed Oliver Cromwell Paraguay passed Peck Perez person Plutarch poet political Portrait present quinces reader round scene seemed Semiramis Sir Walter Scott soon soul Spratt stood story strange suppose Teucer thee thing thou thought tion Tompkins took Viellecour vols volume waters wife woman write young youth
242. oldal - Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment, in meteyard, in weight, or in measure. Just balances, just weights, a just ephah, and a just hin, shall ye have : I am the Lord your God, which brought you out of the land of Egypt.
216. oldal - A goodly portly man, i' faith, and a corpulent ; of a cheerful look, a pleasing eye, and a most noble carriage ; and, as I think, his age some fifty, or, by'r lady, inclining to threescore; and now I remember me, his name is Falstaff : if that man should be lewdly given, he deceiveth me ; for, Harry, I see virtue in his looks. If...
412. oldal - Historical and Descriptive Account of British India. From the most Remote Period to the Present Time. Including a Narrative of the Early Portuguese and English Voyages, the Revolutions in the Mogul Empire, and the Origin, Progress, and Establishment of the British Power; with Illustrations of the Botany, Zoology, Climate, Geology, and Mineralogy.
411. oldal - A VIEW OF ANCIENT AND MODERN EGYPT. With an Outline of its Natural History.
433. oldal - DUTIES ; Or, Instructions to Young Married Ladies on the Management of their Households, and the Regulation of their Conduct in the various Relations and Duties of Married Life. By Mrs. W.
105. oldal - How fair these names, how much unlike they look To all the blurr'd subscriptions in my book: The bridegroom's letters stand in row above, Tapering yet stout, like pine-trees in his grove; While free and fine the bride's appear below, As light and slender as her jasmines grow.
247. oldal - Dost thou ask her crime ? She whipped two female prentices to death, And hid them in the coal-hole.
409. oldal - THE ANCIENTS HAD OF INDIA ; and the Progress of Trade with that Country prior to the Discovery of the Passage to it by the Cape of Good Hope.
424. oldal - SIR EDWARD SEAWARD'S NARRATIVE OF HIS SHIPWRECK, and consequent Discovery of certain Islands in the Caribbean Sea: with a detail of many extraordinary and highly interesting Events in his Life, from 1733 to 1749. as written in his own Diary. Edited by Miss JANE PORTER.