Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according America ancient animals appear become belonging body born called carried cause century character church close common complete connection considerable consists contains continued court deaf death decalogue direction early edition effect England English established exist extends fact feet force French genera give given greater groups hand important increased interest Italy king known language less living London lower marked matter means miles natural North obtained organ original Paris passed period Persian person position possession present principal probably published received regarded region remains remarkable represented returned says seems separate side species spirit success surface taken teeth tion town United various vols whole writings
90. oldal - There is first the literature of knowledge, and secondly, the literature of power. The function of the first is — to teach ; the function of the second is — to move: the first is a rudder, the second an oar or a sail. The first speaks to the mere discursive understanding; the second speaks ultimately, it may happen, to the higher understanding or reason, but always through affections of pleasure and sympathy.
139. oldal - And this shall be a sign unto thee from the Lord, that the Lord will do this thing that He hath spoken ; Behold, I will bring again the shadow of the degrees, which is gone down in the sun-dial of Ahaz, ten degrees backward. So the sun returned ten degrees, by which degrees it was gone down.
288. oldal - Husband has been guilty of incestuous Adultery, or of Bigamy with Adultery, or of Rape, or of Sodomy or Bestiality, or of Adultery coupled with such Cruelty as without Adultery would have entitled her to a Divorce a Mensa et Thoro, or of Adultery coupled with Desertion, without reasonable Excuse, for Two Years or upwards...
11. oldal - Neutral goods, with the exception of contraband of war, are not liable to capture under enemy's flag; 4. Blockades, in order to be binding, must be effective ; that is to say, maintained by a force sufficient really to prevent access to the coast of the enemy.
288. oldal - Marriage shall be declared to be dissolved, but not sooner, it shall be lawful for the respective Parties thereto to marry again, as if the prior Marriage had been dissolved by Death...
226. oldal - I said I could see no difference between negligence and gross negligence — that it was the same thing, with the addition of a vituperative epithet...