Administrative Due Process for Certain Federal Employees: Hearing Before the Subcommittee on Civil Service of the Committee on Post Office and Civil Service, House of Representatives, Ninety-ninth Congress, First Session, on H.R. 917, a Bill to Amend Title 5, United States Code ... June 19, 1985
United States. Congress. House. Committee on Post Office and Civil Service. Subcommittee on Civil Service
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1985 - 156 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
administrative adverse action agency allegations appeal rights applicant appointment Assistant Association Attachment attorneys authority basic basis believe bill career Chairman chapter 75 charges Civil Service civilian Commission Committee competitive service employees concerning conduct Congress Counsel Court covered decision Defense Department dismissal District due process due process rights DYMALLY employ employment entitled evidence examination excepted service employees Executive extend fact Federal employees hearing hired Honorable House individual interest Judge Justice legislation letter Management matter Merit Systems Protection Mervyn National Guard Navy obtain Office opportunity performance personnel positions Post practice present procedural procedural protections professional proposed questions reason regarding regulation Relations removal Representatives request response returns rule Schedule SCHROEDER Secretary serving Special specifically statement statute Stephen Stokwitz Subcommittee Systems Protection Board taken technicians termination Thank tions United veterans violation Washington
79. oldal - Many controversies have raged about the cryptic and abstract words of the Due Process Clause but there can be no doubt that at a minimum they require that deprivation of life, liberty or property by adjudication be preceded by notice and opportunity for hearing appropriate to the nature of the case.
136. oldal - ... authorized depository, or in the custody of any letter or mail carrier, before it has been delivered to the person to whom it...
93. oldal - Seventh, there shall be non-competitive examinations in all proper cases before the commission, when competent persons do not compete, after notice has been given of the existence of the vacancy, under such rules as may be prescribed by the commissioners as to the manner of giving notice.
93. oldal - Positions other than those of a confidential or policy-determining character for which it is not practicable to hold a competitive examination shall be listed in Schedule B.
85. oldal - To take or fail to take a personnel action against an employee or applicant for employment as a reprisal for the exercise of any appeal right granted by law, rule, or regulation.
136. oldal - The Postal Service shall maintain one or more classes of mail for the transmission of letters sealed against inspection. The rate for each such class shall be uniform throughout the United States, its territories, and possessions.
136. oldal - ... or in the custody of any letter or mail carrier, before it has been delivered to the person to whom it was directed, with a design to obstruct the correspondence, or to pry into the business or secrets of another, or shall open, secrete, embezzle, or destroy the same, shall be fined not more than $2,000 or imprisoned not more than five years, or both.
71. oldal - Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, 4301 Jones Bridge Road, Bethesda, MD 20814-4799.
89. oldal - A teacher, like the respondent, who has held his position for a number of years, might be able to show from the circumstances of this service — and from other relevant facts — that he has a legitimate claim of entitlement to job tenure. Just as this Court has found there to be a "common law of a particular industry or of a particular plant" that may supplement a collective-bargaining agreement, Steelworkers v. Warrior & Gulf Co., 363 US 574, 579, so there may be an unwritten "common law...