A Summary of the Principal Evidences for the Truth & Divine Origin of the Christian Revelation: To which is Added the Celebrated Poem on Death. Designed Chiefly for the Use of Young Persons
for Isaiah Thomas, jun., sold by him by Thomas and Whipple, Newburyport, and by Thomas and Tappan, Portsmouth, Isaac Sturtevant, printer, 1808 - 143 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Acts actually ancient Apostles appearance assistance authority body born brought called character Christ Christian Christian Religion commands conduct considering contain continually corrupt course dead death delivered destruction disciples divine doctrines duties earth enemies evidence excellent expected extraordinary eyes facts fair favor followers force foretold future give given gospel grave ground hands heart heathen heaven historians human important Jesus Jews known koran learned live Lord Mahomet mankind manners mark Master means mind miracles moral multitudes nature never once original particularly passions person plain possible precepts present proof prophecies PROPOSITION prove raised reason relate religion respect resurrection revelation Roman rules sacred Saviour short soon soul stand teach Testament things thou thousands tions told true truth unto various virtue whole writings written
115. oldal - And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying ; All hail. And they came and held him by the feet, and worshipped him. Then said Jesus unto them ; Be not afraid ; go, tell my brethren, that they go into Galilee, and there shall they see me.
114. oldal - Ye have a watch : go your way, make it as sure as ye can." So they went, and made the sepulchre sure, sealing the stone, and setting a watch.
115. oldal - And go quickly, and tell His disciples that He is risen from the dead ; and, behold, He goeth before you into Galilee; there shall ye see Him: lo, I have told you.
115. oldal - And, behold, there was a great earthquake : for the Angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it. His countenance was like lightning, and his raiment white as snow: and for fear of him the keepers did shake, and became as dead men.
114. oldal - In the end of the Sabbath, as it began to dawn towards the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.
94. oldal - And I will shake all nations, and the desire of all nations shall come: And I will fill this house with glory, saith the Lord of hosts.
115. oldal - And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye : for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified. He is not here; for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.
15. oldal - Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, Without understanding, covenant breakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful...