Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
able appear attention bave bear become body called cause character Christ Christian church circumstances conduct considered contains continued course dark death divine earth effect enter eternal event existence expected faith feel give given glory hand happiness head heart heaven holy hope human importance interest island kind knowledge known land language late learned leaves less light live London look Lord manner matter means ment mind moral nature never object observed once pass perfect period person possess present principles produce prove reason received religion remain remarks render respect society soon soul spirit sufferings things thou thought tion truth universe various volume wbich whole young
347. oldal - After this I beheld, and lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations and kindreds and people and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands ; And cried with a loud voice ; saying; Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.
487. oldal - The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go. 14 But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you; 15 And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses.
547. oldal - ... which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places, far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come...
487. oldal - And his name, through faith in his name, hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know ; yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all. And now, brethren, I wot, that through ignorance ye did it, as did also your rulers.
1123. oldal - PREVENT us, O Lord, in all our doings with thy most gracious favour, and further us with thy continual help ; that in all our works begun, continued, and ended in thee, we may glorify thy holy name, and finally by thy mercy obtain everlasting life, through, Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
287. oldal - Prayer is the simplest form of speech That infant lips can try ; Prayer, the sublimest strains that reach The Majesty on high. Prayer is the Christian's vital breath, The Christian's native air ; His watchword at the gates of death — He enters heaven by prayer. Prayer is the contrite sinner's voice, Returning from his ways ; While angels in their songs rejoice And say,
487. oldal - Ye men of Israel, why marvel ye at this ? or why look ye so earnestly on us, as though by our own power or holiness we had made this man to walk...
741. oldal - Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, and the ears of the deaf shall be unstopped. Then shall the lame man leap as an hart, and the tongue of the dumb shall sing ; for in the wilderness shall waters break out, and streams in the desert.
251. oldal - Who hath directed the Spirit of the LORD, or being His counsellor hath taught Him ? With whom took He counsel, and who instructed Him, and taught Him in the path of judgment, and taught Him knowledge, and showed to Him the way of understanding...