The Christian Institutes;: Or, The Sincere Word of God. Being a Plain and Impartial Account of the Whole Faith and Duty of a Christian. Collected Out of the Writings of the Old and New Testament: Digested Under Proper Heads, and Delivered in the Words of Scripture
J.F. and C. Rivington, 1812 - 328 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according Acts angels Behold believe better blessed blood body brethren brother called cause church commanded dead death delivered Deut devil doth earth Eccles evil Exod eyes faith Father fear flesh give given giveth glory grace hand hast hath hear heart heaven holy Holy Ghost honour iniquity James Jesus Christ John judge judgment keep king kingdom knowledge labour lest light live Lord Lord Jesus Luke Mark mind mouth neighbour peace perfect Phil poor praise Prov Psal receive riches righteous saith the Lord shew sins soul speak Spirit stand suffer surely thee Thess thine things thou shalt thyself truth turn understanding unto unto the Lord walk wicked wisdom wise wrath yourselves
237. oldal - One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity; (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?) Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.
287. oldal - Let your loins be girded about, and your lights burning; And ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their lord, when he will return from the wedding; that when he cometh and knocketh, they may open unto him immediately. Blessed are those servants whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching...
246. oldal - But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; and base things of the world, and things which are despised hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: that no flesh should glory in his presence.
7. oldal - For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off. It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it? Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
110. oldal - But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.
224. oldal - Wilt thou then not be afraid .of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same: for he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon...
84. oldal - For Moses truly said unto the fathers ; A Prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me ; him shall ye hear in all things, whatsoever he shall say unto you. And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that Prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.
298. oldal - Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed ; and make you a new heart and a new spirit : for why will ye die, O house of Israel ? For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord God : wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye.
308. oldal - The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: The testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple. The statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart: The commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes. The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring for ever : The judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.