Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
ambition angels awful beneath birth bliss born cause christian darkness dead death deep divine dread drop dust earth eternal ev'ry fair fall fate fear feel fire flame folly fond fool Fortune future gain give glory gold grave grief guilt hand happiness hear heart heaven hope hour human immortal kind leave less life's light live look Lorenzo lost man's mean mind mortal Nature Nature's never night o'er once pain past peace praise pride reason rich rise sacred says scene seen sense shades shines sight skies smile soft song soon soul speaks stars storm strike strong tears thee theme thine things thou thought thro throne tomb triumph truth turn virtue waste wing wisdom wise wish wound wretched Young
18. oldal - tis madness to defer: Next day the fatal precedent will plead; Thus on, till wisdom is pushed out of life. Procrastination is the thief of time; Year after year it steals, till all are fled. And to the mercies of a moment leaves The vast concerns of an eternal scene.
71. oldal - The knell, the shroud, the mattock, and the grave ; The deep damp vault, the darkness, and the worm ; These are the bugbears of a winter's eve, The terrors of the living, not the dead. Imagination's fool, and error's wretch, Man makes a death, which nature never made : Then on the point of his own fancy falls ; And feels a thousand deaths, in fearing one.
19. oldal - All pay themselves the compliment to think They one day shall not drivel, and their pride On this reversion takes up ready praise; At least their own their future selves applaud; How excellent that life they ne'er will lead! Time lodged in their own hands is Folly's vails; That lodged in Fate's to wisdom they consign; The thing they can't but purpose, they postpone.
6. oldal - From different natures marvellously' mixt, Connexion exquisite of distant worlds*! Distinguished link in being's endless chain*! Midway from nothing' to the Deity*! A beam ethereal', sullied', and absorpt*! Though sullied*, and dishonour'd', still divine*? Dim miniature' of greatness absolute*! An heir of glory/! a frail child of dust*! Helpless immortal'! insect infinite*! A worm'! a god*! — I tremble' at myself, And in myself am lost*!
3. oldal - From short (as usual) and disturb'd repose I wake : how happy they who wake no more ! Yet that were vain, if dreams infest the grave.
7. oldal - Her ceaseless flight, though devious, speaks her nature Of subtler essence than the trodden clod; Active, aerial, towering, unconfined, Unfetter'd with her gross companion's fall. Even silent night proclaims my soul immortal: Even silent night proclaims eternal day. For human weal, Heaven husbands all events: Dull sleep instructs, nor sport vain dreams in vain.
93. oldal - Here is firm footing ; here is solid rock ! This can support us ; all is sea besides ; Sinks under us ; bestorms, and then devours. His hand the good man fastens on the skies, And bids earth roll, nor feels her idle whirl.
34. oldal - Where shall I find Him ? Angels ! tell me where. You know him ; He is near you : point him out : Shall I see glories beaming from his brow ? Or trace his footsteps by the rising flowers...