Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
accepted admitted altar ancient Apostles appears argument Author Bible Bishop blood body body and blood bread and wine called Christ Christian Church commemoration common communion considered continue covenant Crown 8vo Dictionary Divine doctrine drink Edition elements England English established Eucharist evidence existence expression faith feast federal give God's Gospel hand HISTORY Holy idea Illustrations institution interpretation Jewish Jews JOHN knowledge language learned Lectures Lord Lord's Supper matter meaning memorial ment mind moral nature Nearly notion object observed offered original partaking pass Passover Paul philosophy physical Plates Post 8vo Practical present principle question reason receive reference revised rite sacrament sacrifice sacrificed says Scripture Second Edition sense speak spiritual substance symbols theory things Third thought tion Translated true truth universal unto vols whole Woodcuts
184. oldal - Professor Owen's Lectures on the Comparative Anatomy and Physiology of the Invertebrate Animals. Second Edition, with 235 Woodcuts. 8vo. 21s. The Comparative Anatomy and Physiology of the Vertebrate Animals. By RICHARD OWEN, FRSDCL With 1,472 Woodcuts.
110. oldal - Nor is it at all incredible, that a book which has been so long in the possession of mankind should contain many truths as yet undiscovered. For all the same phenomena and the same faculties of investigation, from which such great discoveries in natural knowledge have been made in the present and last age, were equally in the possession of mankind several thousand years before. And possibly it might be intended that events as they come to pass should open and ascertain the meaning of several parts...
96. oldal - For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves ; which show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another ;) in the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my Gospel.
30. oldal - And the blood shall be to you for a token upon the houses where ye are: and when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy you, when I smite the land of Egypt.
28. oldal - For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us : therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness ; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.
35. oldal - Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children ; and walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given Himself for us, an Offering and a Sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling savour.
53. oldal - Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils : ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils.
1. oldal - Woodcuts. 2 vols. square crown 8vo. 31s. 6d. Legends of the Monastic Orders. Third Edition, with 11 Etchings and 88 Woodcuts. 1 vol. square crown 8vo. 21s. Legends of the Madonna. Third Edition, with 27 Etchings and 165 Woodcuts. 1 vol. square crown 8vo. 21s. The History of Our Lord, .with that of his Types and Precursors.
74. oldal - Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire. Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath aught against thee ; Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way ; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.