Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
22 July 28 June 9 Nov action Adjutant affairs afterwards Alexander American April army Arthur Artillery attack Badajoz Battalion battle of Salamanca battle of Vittoria Brigade Busaco campaign of 1815 Capt Captain capture Charles Ciudad Clasps Colonel commanded Cornet Corunna Dragoons Edward Egypt employed engaged ENSIGNS expedition Foot force four Francis Fred Frederick French George Guards Henry Holland including the battle Indies James John July July 47 June 48 Lieut Lieut.-Col Lieut.-Colonel LIEUTENANTS Light Lord Lt.-Col Major March never Nive Nivelle operations Orthes passage Peninsula present Pyrenees received the War regiment Regt retreat Richard Robert Royal Marines Sebastian Sept served the campaign severely wounded siege Silver War Medal Sir John Smith Spain Staff storming subsequently Surgeon taking Thomas three Clasps throughout Toulouse Unattached West William
251. oldal - Commodore who (lelivered to him his sword. Commanded the Marines at the capture of Fort Guardia. Slightly wounded cutting out the French corvette, La Moselle, from under a battery in Basque Roads. Taking of Fort Camarinus and gun-boats from under its protection.
254. oldal - Beckwith at the attack upon Norfolk, and the taking of Hampton, and several small places. The brigade being broken up, he went with the battalion to Canada ; whilst there, he was sent with a detachment in command of a division of gun boats to attack a battery at the head of Lake Champlain, with which they were engaged some hours.
251. oldal - Menzies. Commanded and headed the marines at the storming of Fort Finisterre, being the first who entered the Fort. In boats cutting out the Spanish vessel of war, St.
230. oldal - Parliamentary vote to extend our commercial relations in that quarter, and open a communication with India through Arabia. His Majesty, through the Duke of Wellington, having conferred on him the rank of Colonel on a particular service, he sailed early in...
254. oldal - Canada ; whilst there, he was sent with a detachment in command of a division of gun boats to attack a battery at the head of Lake Champlain, with which they were engaged some hours. Returned with the battalion to the coast of America, and was at the attack and taking of Fort Point Petre and the town of St.
365. oldal - Chesapeak; operations of the army before New Orleans, the actions of the 2nd Dec. 1814, and 1st Jan. 1815, and storm of the American lines before New Orleans; taking of Fort Bowyer.
251. oldal - Menzies was attached to Lord Nelson's squadron off Boulogne, where he participated in all the desperate cutting-out affairs on the French coast against Buonaparte's flotilla. Commanded a detachment of Royal Marines landed at Port Jackson during an insurrection of convicts, in March, 1804 ; by his promptitude and exertions the town of Sydney and indeed the colony was in a great measure preserved and tranquillity restored.
229. oldal - Nivelle, and Nive, battles of Orthes and Toulouse; in America from May 1814 to May 1815, including the attack of Washington, Baltimore, and New Orleans, and other operations on the coast. Attached to the Prussian army in reducing the fortresses in the Netherlands. He...
251. oldal - January 1806, landed with a battalion of Marines at the attack and capture of the Cape of Good Hope. In June following, with the same battalion, at the attack and defeat of the Spanish troops on the road to Buenos Ayres, and at the capture of that city : in August following, at the defence of that city against the Spanish forces, after three days' action, taken prisoner, with the rest of the British.