Sacred extracts: or, Books and chapters selected from the New and Old Testaments, for the use of schools
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
according againſt alfo alſo anſwered becauſe behold bleffed body brethren bring brought caft called CHAP Chrift cometh commandment David dead death delivered doth earth enemies evil eyes face faid unto faith fall fame father fear fent fervant fhall fhew fhould fire fool fore foul fpirit fruit ftrength gave give given glory hand hath head hear heard heart heaven himſelf hold holy hope houfe houſe Ifrael iniquity Jefus Jofeph judge keep king knowledge land light live look Lord mind mouth night pafs peace poor pray receive rejoice rich righteous Saul ſhall thee ther thereof theſe things thine things thou art thou fhalt tion took truth turn underſtanding unto thee voice walk wicked wife ye fhall
129. oldal - For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.
142. oldal - And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of beast, and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, and every man : 22 All in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died.
18. oldal - And laid it in his own new tomb, which he had hewn out in the rock ; and he rolled a great stone to the door of the sepulchre, and departed.
8. oldal - Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps and went forth to meet the bridegroom.
143. oldal - And he stayed yet other seven days, and sent forth the dove, which returned not again unto him any more. And it came to pass in the six hundredth and first year, in the first month, the first day of the month, the waters were dried up from off the earth : and Noah removed the covering of the ark, and looked, and, behold, the face of the ground was dry.
468. oldal - Now when Daniel knew that the writing was signed, he went into his house; and his windows being open in his chamber toward Jerusalem, he kneeled upon his knees three times a day and prayed and gave thanks before his God, as he did aforetime.
17. oldal - And when they had platted a crown of thorns, they put it upon his head, and a reed in his right hand ; and they bowed the knee before him, and mocked him, saying, Hail, king of the Jews ! And they spit upon him, and took the reed, and smote him on the head.
134. oldal - And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament : and it was so. 8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.
135. oldal - And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also. 17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth. 18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good. 19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.
301. oldal - I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint; my heart is like wax: it is melted in the midst of my bowels.