Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
able actions affecting againſt ambition amongſt appear becauſe behaviour behold better caſe cauſe chance character circumſtances comforted common conſider creature deſerved doubt duty evil expect fall favour fear firſt fome force fortune give hands happens happineſs hard heard heart himſelf hiſtory hopes human innocence inſtances itſelf juſt kind leaſt leave light lives look loſs man's manner matter mind moſt muſt natural never obſervation occaſion once particular paſſion perhaps principle prophet providence Rachael Rama reaſon receive reflection religion ſaid ſame ſay ſee ſeems ſenſe ſet ſhall ſhe ſhould ſome ſorrow ſpeak ſtill ſuch ſuppoſed temper thee themſelves theſe things thoſe thou thought thouſand tion tongue troubles true truſt truth turn uſe vice virtue weeping whole whoſe wife
35. oldal - Man that is born of a woman Is of few days, and full of trouble. He cometh forth like a flower, and is cut down : He fleeth also as a shadow, and continueth not.
92. oldal - So shall ye say unto Joseph, Forgive, I pray thee, now, the trespass of thy brethren, and their sin ; for they did unto thee evil : and now, we pray thee, forgive the trespass of the servants of the God of thy father.
48. oldal - Consider how great a part of our species, in all ages down to this, have been trod under the feet of cruel and capricious tyrants, who would neither hear their cries nor pity their distresses. Consider slavery — what it is — how bitter a draught — and how many millions are made to drink of it.
87. oldal - Admonish a friend, it may be he hath not done it: and if he have done it, that he do it no more. Admonish thy friend, it may be he hath not said it: and if he have, that he speak it not again. Admonish a friend: for many times it is a slander, and believe not every tale.
93. oldal - Cowards have done good and kind actions ; — -cowards have even fought, — nay, sometimes even conquered; — but a coward never forgave! — It is not in his nature ; — the power of doing it flows only from a strength and greatness of soul, conscious of its own force and security, and above the little temptations of resenting every fruitless attempt to interrupt its happiness.
23. oldal - In Rama was there a voice heard, lamentation, and weeping, and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children, and would not be comforted, because they are not.
24. oldal - Thus saith the Lord, A voice was heard in Rama ; lamentation and bitter weeping, Rachel weeping for her children, refusing to be comforted, because they were not. To enter into the full sense and beauty of this description, it is to be remembered that the tomb of Rachel, Jacob's beloved wife, as we read in the 35th of Genesis, was situated near Rama, and betwixt that place and...