Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
appears arrived asked beautiful Bombay brought buildings built called chief cloth colour comes course Court crown curious Delhi doubt elephants English eyes fact father feel feet fellow five four give gold hands head hills Hindoo hope Illustrations India Italy Jeypore Kashmir keep kind ladies land late leave live look Lord Maharajah miles morning Moslem mountains native never night once Oodeypore painted palace passed person picture plain pleasant poor present Rajah Rajpoot Rana received Resident rising river road round seems seen sent side Sing sitting sketch story temple things thought told town traveller trees turn usual vols waiting whole wish women wonderful
10. oldal - Arranged to meet the requirements of the Syllabus of the Science and Art Department of the Committee of Council on Education, South Kensington.
19. oldal - This Edition is printed on a finer paper and in a larger type than has been employed in any previous edition. The type has been cast especially for it, and the page is of a size to admit of the introduction of all the original illustrations. No such attractive issue has been made of the writings of Mr. Dickens, which, various as have been the forms of publication adapted to the demands of an e- er widely-increasing popularity, have never yet been worthily presented in a .really handsome library form.
20. oldal - Messrs. CHAPMAN & HALL trust that by this Edition they will be enabled to place the works of the most popular British Author of the present day in the hands of all English readers. PEOPLE'S EDITION. PICKWICK PAPERS. In Boards. Illustrated, as. SKETCHES BY BOZ. In Boards. Illustrated, as. OLIVER
5. oldal - The Life and Times of Prince Charles Stuart, Count of Albany, commonly called the Young Pretender. From the State Papers and other Sources. New and Cheaper Edition, with a Portrait, crown 8vo, cloth extra, 7s.
5. oldal - ENGEL (CARL)— A DESCRIPTIVE AND ILLUSTRATED CATALOGUE OF THE MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS in the SOUTH KENSINGTON MUSEUM, preceded by an Essay on the History of Musical Instruments. Second Edition. Royal 8vo, half-morocco, 12s.
26. oldal - ANALYSIS OF ORNAMENT: THE CHARACTERISTICS OF STYLES. An Introduction to the Study of the History of Ornamental Art. With many Illustrations.
358. oldal - It is He who gives existence. In your temples, to His name the voice is raised in prayer ; in a house of images, where the bell is shaken, still He is the object of adoration. To vilify the religion or customs of other men is to set at nought the pleasure of the Almighty.
13. oldal - THE EPOCHS OF PAINTING. A Biographical and Critical Essay on Painting and Painters of all Times and many Places. With numerous Illustrations. Demy 8vo, cloth, ^i.
14. oldal - OFFICIAL HANDBOOK OF THE NATIONAL TRAINING SCHOOL FOR COOKERY. Containing Lessons on Cookery; forming the Course of Instruction in the School. Compiled by " ROC
358. oldal - Distinctions of colour are of his ordination. It is he who gives existence. In your temples, to his name the voice is raised in prayer : in a house of images, where the bell is shaken, still he is the object of adoration. To vilify the religion or customs of other men, is to set at naught the pleasure of the Almighty.