Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
ages appear beams bear beauty beneath bliss Bogdanovich born bosom breath bright bring charms clouds dark death deep Dushenka earth fables fair fall fame fear field fire flower French give glory glow golden graceful grave hand happy hast head hear heard heart heaven heroes hill honour hope hurries language leaves letters life's light living look lost Midst mighty morning mountains nature never night o'er o’er original peace play poem poet poetry pride printed proud published rest rise roll round Russian scattered SECOND seems shine sigh silent sleep smile soft song sorrow soul sound speak spirit spring stand stars stream strength subjects sublime sweet tears thee thing thou thought thousand throne thunder tion tomb translated trembling voice volume wanderer waters waves wild winds wings youth
8. oldal - Creator yes ! Thy wisdom and Thy word Created me ! Thou source of life and good ! Thou spirit of my spirit, and my Lord...
5. oldal - And thought is lost ere thought can soar so high, Even like past moments in eternity. Thou from primeval nothingness didst call First chaos, then existence; — Lord!
85. oldal - Raise the song of mourning, O bards, over the land of strangers. They have but fallen before us: for one day we must fall. Why dost thou build the hall, son of the winged days? Thou lookest from thy towers today; yet a few years, and the blast of the desert comes; it howls in thy empty court, and whistles round thy half-worn shield. And let the blast of the desert come, we shall be renowned in our day.
4. oldal - The sands or the sun's rays ; but God ! for Thee There is no weight nor measure : none can mount Up to Thy mysteries. Reason's brightest spark, Tho kindled by Thy light, in vain would try To trace Thy counsels, infinite and dark ; And thought is lost ere thought can soar so high, Even like past moments in eternity.
7. oldal - Thou art! — directing, guiding all — Thou art! Direct my understanding then to Thee; Control my spirit, guide my wandering heart; Though but an atom midst immensity, Still I am something fashioned by Thy hand! I hold a middle rank 'twixt heaven and earth — On the last verge of mortal being stand, Close to the realms where angels have their birth, Just on the boundaries of the spirit land!
95. oldal - The flower hangs its heavy head, waving, at times, to the gale. ' Why dost thou awake me, O gale?' it seems to say, ' I am covered with the drops of heaven. The time of my fading is near, the blast that shall scatter my leaves. To-morrow shall the traveller come ; he that saw me in my beauty shall come. His eyes will search the field, but they will not find me.
7. oldal - Yes! in my spirit doth Thy spirit shine As shines the sunbeam in a drop of dew.
3. oldal - O, THOU ETERNAL ONE ! whose presence bright All space doth occupy, all motion guide ; Unchanged through time's all-devastating flight ; Thou only God ! There is no God beside ! Being above all beings ! Mighty One Whom none can comprehend and none explore...