Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Alfred ancient Anglo-Saxon battle Bernicia better bless Bretwalda Britain Britons brother called Cerdic character Chaucer cheer Chivalry cholera Christian Church civil civilisation colonies common conviction Court crime crimes and punishments criminal Deira dream duty ealdorman earth East Anglia Egric English evil faith fear feeling friends gaols hand happiness heart Heaven Hengist Heptarchy honour hope houses human incarceration institutions interest King kingdom labour land learned less live London look Lord means ment Mercia mind misery nature noble Osric parish peace perhaps persons Picts political poor population present pride principles punishment Queen questions race religion religious respect Rookeries Royal Saxon Shire social society soul spirit streets thee things thou thought thousand tion true truth Vortigern Wantage Wessex Wicliffe wisdom wise woollen words workhouse
164. oldal - And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them, and said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
37. oldal - Exhort servants to be obedient unto their own masters, and to please them well in all things ; not answering again ; not purloining, but shewing all good fidelity; that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Saviour in all things.
15. oldal - When the ear heard me, then it blessed me : and when the eye saw me, it gave witness to me : because I delivered the poor that cried, and the fatherless, and him that had none to help him. The blessing of him that was ready to perish came upon me ; and I caused the widow's heart to sing for joy.
16. oldal - The blessing of him that was ready to perish came upon me: and I caused the widow's heart to sing for joy. I put on righteousness, and it clothed me: my judgment was as a robe and a diadem.
151. oldal - Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.
132. oldal - And thou shalt teach them ordinances and laws, and shalt shew them the way wherein they must walk, and the work that they must do.
174. oldal - WE receive this child into the congregation of Christ's flock, * and do sign him with the sign of the cross, in token that hereafter he shall not be ashamed to confess the faith of Christ crucified, and manfully to fight under his banner, against sin, the world, and the Devil, and to continue Christ's faithful soldier and servant unto his life's end.
132. oldal - Moses' father in law saw all that he did to the people, he said, What is this thing that thou doest to the people? why sittest thou thyself alone, and all the people stand by thee from morning unto even?