Addresses, Reports, Statements of Benevolent Societies, Constitution, Minutes, Roll of Delegates, Etc. of the ... Session
The Council, 1910
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
action adopted American appointed Apportionment approved Association authorized believe Board body Brotherhood building called Charles Christ Christian Cleveland Commission Committee common Conference Congregational churches Connecticut coöperation corporation denomination desire effort existing expression fact faith field force Frank funds George give given hand held Henry important increased industrial institutions interest Jesus John kingdom labor live Lord Mass Massachusetts means meeting methods Michigan Ministerial ministers mission missionary Missionary Society moderator movement National Council Ohio organization past pastors political possible practical prayer present President problem Protestant Publishing question received recommend referred relation religious education representatives schools secretary secure seminary session social societies spirit stand Sunday-School things thousand tion union United voted worship York
317. oldal - Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, to the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.
318. oldal - ALMIGHTY and everlasting GOD, who art always more ready to hear than we to pray, and art wont to give more than either we desire or deserve ; pour down upon us the abundance of thy mercy, forgiving us those things whereof our conscience is afraid, and giving us those good things which we are not worthy to ask, but through the merits and mediation of JESUS CHRIST thy Son our Lord.
318. oldal - LORD of all power and might, who art the author and giver of all good things ; Graft in our hearts the love of thy Name, increase in us true religion, nourish us with all goodness, and of thy great mercy keep us in the same ; through Jesus Christ our Lord.
322. oldal - Thy holy sacraments : and to all Thy people give Thy heavenly grace ; and especially to this congregation here present ; that with meek heart and due reverence they may hear and receive Thy holy word; truly serving Thee in holiness and righteousness all the days of their life.
317. oldal - The peace of God which passeth all understanding, keep your hearts and minds in the knowledge and love of God, and of his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord...
317. oldal - God, who hast given us grace at this time with one accord to make our common supplications unto thee; and dost promise that when two or three are gathered together in thy Name thou wilt grant their requests; Fulfil now, O Lord, the desires and petitions of thy servants, as may be most expedient for them; granting us in this world knowledge of thy truth, and in the world to come life everlasting.
313. oldal - Pilate; was crucified, dead and buried; he descended into hell; the third day he rose from the dead ; he ascended into heaven, and sitteth on the right hand of God, the Father Almighty; from thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead. I believe in the Holy Ghost ; the holy catholic church; the communion of saints; the forgiveness of sins ; the resurrection of the body; and the life everlasting.
321. oldal - More especially we pray for the good estate of the Catholic Church; that it may be so guided and governed by thy good Spirit, that all who profess and call themselves Christians may be led into the way of truth, and hold the faith in unity of Spirit, in the bond of peace, and in righteousness of life.
317. oldal - GRANT, we beseech thee, Almighty God, that the words which we have heard this day with our outward ears, may through thy grace be so grafted inwardly in our hearts, that they may bring forth in us the fruit of good living, to the honour and praise of thy name, through Jesus Christ our Lord.
320. oldal - GOD, from whom all holy desires, all good counsels, and all just works do proceed ; Give unto thy servants that peace which the world cannot give : that both our hearts may be set to obey thy commandments, and also that by thee we being defended from the fear of our enemies, may pass our time in rest and quietness, through the merits of Jesus Christ our Saviour.