Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
academy afterwards ancient appears appointed assistance became bishop born called celebrated character church collection concerning considerable containing continued court critical death died divine duke edition educated employed England English entitled excellent father favour folio formed France French gave give given Greek Hist honour Italy John kind king knowledge known language late Latin learned letters lived London lord manner master means mentioned nature never notes observations occasion opinion original Oxford Paris particularly person philosopher pieces poem poet political present prince principal printed probably published received religion remarks reputation respect returned Rome royal says seems sent society soon style taken thing thought tion took translation treatise verse vols volume whole writer written wrote
9. oldal - ... for thee; Deign on the passing world to turn thine eyes, And pause awhile from letters, to be wise; There mark what ills the scholar's life assail, Toil, envy, want, the patron, and the jail. See nations slowly wise, and meanly just, To buried merit raise the tardy bust. If dreams yet flatter, once again attend, Hear Lydiat's life, and Galileo's end.
66. oldal - A NEW LITERAL TRANSLATION From the Original Greek, OF ALL THE APOSTOLICAL EPISTLES, WITH A COMMENTARY AND NOTES, Philological, Critical, Explanatory, and Practical.
24. oldal - ... to the great question. His studies, being honest, ended in conviction. He found that religion was true, and what he had learned he endeavoured to teach (1747), by Observations on the Conversion of St. Paul; a treatise to which infidelity has never been able to fabricate a specious answer.
28. oldal - Thus he continued giving his dying benediction to all around him. On Monday morning a lucid interval gave some small hopes, but these vanished in the evening; and he continued dying, but with very little uneasiness, till Tuesday morning, August 22, when between seven and eight o'clock he expired, almost without a groan.
227. oldal - BENEFITS. With an ESSAY ON CHARITY AND CHARITY-SCHOOLS. And A Search into the Nature of Society.
394. oldal - An Account of the Growth of Popery and arbitrary Government in England...
453. oldal - Memoirs of the Life and Writings of the late rev. Thomas Baker, BD of St. John's-college, from the papers of Dr. Zachary Grey, with a Catalogue of his MS Collections," Cambridge, 8vo; and in 1790 "A Catalogue of the several pictures in the public library and respective colleges of the university of Cambridge,
111. oldal - It is impossible, for there is but one in the world; that is in the Grand Signior's library at Constantinople, and is the seventh book on the second shelf on the right hand as you go in.