Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
answer appear authority beautiful become believe blessed body called cause character Christ Christian church claim common concerning continue death desire disciples divine doctrine duty earth effect established evidence evil existence fact faith Father favour feel Francis friends give given Gospel hand happiness hath heart heaven hold holy hope human important influence interests Jesus John judge kind knowledge labours laws learned less liberty light living look Lord manner Mass Master means meeting mind moral nature never object once opinion passed peace persons practice prayer present principles question reason received regard religion religious respect Scriptures sense society soul spirit things thou thought tion true truth Unitarian universal unto views worship
506. oldal - These are they which were not defiled with women ; for they are virgins ; these are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the first-fruits unto God and to the Lamb. And in their mouth was found no guile; for they are without fault before the throne of God.
311. oldal - God has revealed to Calvin, they will rather die than embrace it. And the Calvinists, you see, stick fast where they were left by that great man of God who yet saw not all things. This is a misery much to be lamented, for though they were burning and shining lights in their times, yet they penetrated not into the whole counsel of God, but were they now living, would be as willing to embrace further light as that which they first received.
318. oldal - And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth. The envy also of Ephraim shall depart, and the adversaries of Judah shall be cut off: Ephraim shall not envy Judah, and Judah shall not vex Ephraim.
207. oldal - Having therefore obtained help of God, I continue unto this day, witnessing both to small and great, saying none other things than those which the prophets and Moses did say should come: that Christ should suffer, and that he should be the first that should rise from the dead, and should show light unto the people, and to the Gentiles.
520. oldal - Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous, not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing ; but contrariwise, blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.
223. oldal - The bell strikes one. We take no note of time, But from its loss. To give it then a tongue Is wise in man. As if an angel spoke, I feel the solemn sound. If heard aright, It is the, knell of my departed hours : Where are they?
iii. oldal - Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low : and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain. And the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.
520. oldal - But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are ye : and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled...
318. oldal - And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people ; to it shall the Gentiles seek : and his rest shall be glorious.