Discourses on Various Subjects: To which are Added, Considerations on Pluralities. By Samuel Disney, ... With a Preface. By John Disney, D.D.F.S.A.
J. Johnson; and J. and J. Merrill, Cambridge, 1788 - 422 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
accepted acquainted action affections answer apostle appear apply authority believe better called character christian church commandment common conduct consider corrupt course desire direct DISCOURSE divine doctrine duty expect expressed faith fame father fear fense follow further give glory gospel grace hand hath hear heart heaven holy honour hope human Israel Jesus Christ keep king learned least less live Lord manner matter means ment mind moral nature necessary never obedience object observe opinions ourselves particular passions perfect perhaps pleasure present principle proper prophets reason received religion respect reward righteous saved scripture servant shew sincerity spirit stand suppose surely Testament things thou thought tion true trust truth turn unto vice virtue whole
270. oldal - Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
126. oldal - But now the righteousness of God without the Law is manifested, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets; even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference...
40. oldal - And Elijah took twelve stones, according to the number of the tribes of the sons of Jacob, unto whom the word of the Lord came, saying, Israel shall be thy name.
176. oldal - And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God. Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.
39. oldal - Elijah came unto all the people, and said, How long halt ye between two opinions ? if the Lord be God, follow him : but if Baal then follow him.
271. oldal - Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet'; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, 'Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.' '"Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
249. oldal - And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he: And to love him with all the heart and with all the understanding and with all the soul and with all the strength and to love his neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices. And when Jesus saw that he answered discreetly, he said unto him, Thou art not far from the kingdom of God.
109. oldal - Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God ? Be not deceived : neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
83. oldal - And there sat a certain man at Lystra, impotent in his feet, being a cripple from his mother's womb, who never had walked : The same heard Paul speak : who steadfastly beholding him, and perceiving that he had faith to be healed, Said with a loud voice, Stand upright on thy feet. And he leaped and walked.