The Divine Rule of Faith and Practice: Or, A Defence of the Catholic Doctrine that Holy Scripture Has Been Since the Times of the Apostles the Sole Divine Rule of Faith and Practice to the Church, Against the Dangerous Errors of the Authors of the Tracts for the Times, and the Romanists, As, Particularly, that the Rule of Faith is "made Up of Scripture and Tradition Together" ; &c. In which Also the Doctrines of the Apostolical Succession, the Eucharistic Sacrifice, &c. are Fully Discussed, 2. kötet
Herman Hooker, 1842
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according admit already Apostles appears argument authority believe bishops body called Catholic Christ Christian Church clear clearly concerning consent considered contained Council creed delivered direct divine doctrine error eucharist evidence expressed fact faith Fathers favour further give given gospel ground hath heretics Holy Holy Scriptures interpretation judge knowledge learned Lord maintain matter meaning mind necessary notion obscure observed offered opponents passage points practice prayers presbyters present priest proof prove quæ question quod quoted reader reason received reference remark respecting sacrifice says Scrip Scripture sense speak Spirit statements sufficient sunt suppose teach tells Testament testimony things tion tradition true truth ture unto views whole witness words writings written γαρ δε εκ εν και μεν μη των
245. oldal - The Body of Christ is given, taken, and eaten, in the Supper, only after an heavenly and spiritual manner. And the mean whereby the Body of Christ is received and eaten in the Supper is Faith.
40. oldal - Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye. Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.
230. oldal - Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours : 3 Grace be unto you, and peace from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
617. oldal - GENERAL Councils may not be gathered together without the commandment and will of Princes. And when they be gathered together, (forasmuch as they be an assembly of men, whereof all be not governed with the Spirit and Word of God,) they may err, and sometimes have erred, even in things pertaining unto God. Wherefore things ordained by them as necessary to salvation have neither strength nor authority, unless it may be declared that they be taken out of holy Scripture.
194. oldal - And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held : and they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth...
375. oldal - Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God ; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth ; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
193. oldal - And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.
245. oldal - The body and blood of Christ which are verily and indeed taken and received by the faithful in the Lord's Supper.
476. oldal - Surely there is a vein for the silver, And a place for gold where they fine it. Iron is taken out of the earth, And brass is molten out of the stone.
159. oldal - This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; and their sins and iniquities will I remember no more. Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.