Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
action affirmed alleged amount appeal appellee applied assignment authority bank bill bonds building cause Cent charge claim common complainant condition considered construction contract corporation court decree deed defendant determine direct duty effect entitled error evidence exceptions existence fact filed follows give given granted ground held highway injury intention interest issue Judge judgment jury land liable matter ment mortgage necessary negligence notice opinion owner paid parties passed payment person plaintiff present proceedings proof proper purchase question railroad reason received record referred relation rent respect rule shares statute street sufficient suit taken testimony thereof tion town trial trust wife witness
142. oldal - It is a general and undisputed proposition of law that a municipal corporation possesses and can exercise the following powers and no others: First, those granted in express words; second, those necessarily or fairly implied in or incident to the powers expressly granted; third, those essential to the declared objects and purposes of the corporation — not simply convenient but indispensable.
269. oldal - A deposit by one person of his own money, in his own name as trustee for another, standing alone, does not establish an irrevocable trust during the lifetime of the depositor. It is a tentative trust merely, revocable at will, until the depositor dies or completes the gift in his lifetime by some unequivocal act or declaration, such as delivery of the pass book or notice to the beneficiary.
415. oldal - That no man shall be taken or imprisoned, or disseized of his freehold, liberties, or privileges, or outlawed, or exiled, or in any manner destroyed, or deprived of his life, liberty, or property, but by the judgment of his peers or the law of the land.
330. oldal - The plea of res judicata applies, except in special cases, not only to points upon which the Court was actually required by the parties to form an opinion and pronounce a judgment, but to every point which properly belonged to the subject of litigation, and which the parties, exercising reasonable diligence, might have brought forward at the time.
335. oldal - ... then this obligation to be void; otherwise to be and remain in full force and virtue in law.
218. oldal - ... in the undefined and dangerous characters of a wife without a husband, and a husband without a wife.
282. oldal - Intermediate time between the making of the will and the death of the testator...
212. oldal - In equity, a conveyance absolute on its face may be shown by parol evidence to have been intended as a mortgage only, and its effect limited accordingly.
246. oldal - The statute of this state declares that "all murder which shall be perpetrated by means of poison, or lying in wait, torture, or by any other kind of willful, deliberate, and premeditated killing, or which shall be committed in the perpetration, or attempt to perpetrate, any arson, rape, robbery, or burglary, shall be deemed murder of the first degree ; and all other kinds of murder shall be deemed murder of the second degree...
88. oldal - That it shall be the duty of the said company to construct and keep in repair good and sufficient bridges or passages over or under the said railroad or roads, where any public or other road shall cross the same, so that the passage of carriages, horses, and cattle on the said road shall not be impeded thereby...