Twelve Years in Canterbury, New Zealand: With Visits to the Other Provinces, and Reminiscences of the Route Home Through Australia, Etc. (From a Lady's Journal)
S. Low, Son and Marston, 1867 - 226 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Twelve Years in Canterbury, New Zealand: With Visits to the Other Provinces ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2012
appearance arrived asked Author beautiful better boat Book building cabin called Canterbury captain Christchurch church close cloth coloured comfortable coming course deck distance Edition England English feet five four friends gentlemen give half hand handsome harbour head heard hill hope hour Illustrations Island kind ladies land late leave light living look miles morning natives natural nearly never night o'clock observed once passed passengers post 8vo present pretty rain reached remain road rock rough round scarcely seemed seen shilling ship shore side soon stands steamer stone streets taken things thought told took town trees turned vols voyage walk weather whole wind wood young Zealand
3. oldal - Price 6s. each; or in calf extra, price los. 6d. The Gentle Life. Essays in aid of the Formation of Character of Gentlemen and Gentlewomen. Tenth Edition. "Deserves to be printed in letters of gold, and circulated in every house."— Chambers' Journal. About in the World. Essays by the Author of "The Gentle Life.
7. oldal - The Swiss Family Robinson; or, the Adventures of a Father and Mother and Four Sons on a Desert Island. With Explanatory Notes and Illustrations. First and Second Series. New Edition, complete in one volume, 3s. 6d. Geography for my Children. By Mrs. Harriet Beecher Stowe. Author of " Uncle Tom's Cabin,
1. oldal - The Divine and Moral Songs of Dr. Watts : a New and very choice Edition. Illustrated with One Hundred Woodcuts in the first style of the Art, from Original Designs by Eminent Artists; engraved by JD Cooper. Small 4to. cloth extra, price 7s. 6d. ; morocco, 15s. Light after Darkness : Religious Poems by Harriet Beecher Artists and Arabs; or Sketching in Sunshine. By Henry Blackburn, author of " The Pyrenees,
12. oldal - Villas and Cottages; by Calvert Vaux, Architect. 300 Illustrations. 8vo. cloth. 12s. Bee-Keeping. By " The Times
6. oldal - Also beautifully Illustrated:— Little Bird Red and Little Bird Blue. Coloured, 5s. Snow-Flakes, and what they told the Children. Coloured, 5s. Child's Book of the Sagacity of Animals.
7. oldal - Geography for my Children. By Mrs. Harriet Beecher Stowe. Author of " Uncle Tom's Cabin," &c. Arranged and Edited by an English Lady, under the Direction of the Authoress. With upwards of Fifty Illustrations. Cloth extra, 4s. 6d.
2. oldal - The English Catalogue of Books : giving the date of publication of every book published from 1835 to 1863, in addition to the title, size, price, and publisher, in one alphabet. An entirely new work, combining the Copyrights of the " London Catalogue" and the
3. oldal - Origin and History of the English Language, and of the early literature it embodies. By the Hon. George P. Marsh, US Minister at Turin, Author of " Lectures on the English Language.
8. oldal - Life of John Adams, 2nd President of the United States, by C. F. Adams. 8vo. 14s. Life and Works complete, 10 vols. 14s. each. Life And Administration of Abraham Lincoln.
1. oldal - Two Centuries of Song; or, Melodies, Madrigals, Sonnets, and other Occasional Verse of the English Poets of the last 200 years. With Critical and Biographical Notes by Walter Thornbury. Illustrated by Original Pictures of Eminent Artists. Drawn and Engraved especially for this work. Printed on toned paper, with coloured borders, designed by Henry Shaw, FSA Very handsomely bound. Cloth extra, 21s. ; morocco, 42*.