The Scoutmaster Minute
Gibbs Smith, 2009
To a group of Scouts, a Scoutmaster is teacher, friend, guide and role model. Moments are frequent when a scout leader has a true opportunity to teach, inspire, and help to shape the minds and souls of young individuals. From closing a pack meeting to sitting around the campfire, this pocket guide of inspirational quotes and stories offers the ability to make the most of these times. The Scoutmaster Minute presents verses of honesty, courage, service, sacrifice and more-right at your fingertips and right when they're needed, fitting easily into a pocket or backpack.
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
American answer asked beautiful became become believe better brave bring British build clean comes continued courage don't duty Ella Wheeler Wilcox enjoy everything face fail faith Farmer feel finally follow freedom friends gave give hand happy hard heart hold honest honor horse important John keep kind king land laws leader lives look lose lost means mind never night ourselves pass person poet prepared President Pythias replied respect rich road Scout serve side smile soldiers someone Sometimes stand started storm story strength successful talk tell things thought told took traveled tree tried true trust turned United unknown walk wind worth wrong young
18. oldal - THE BODY of BENJAMIN FRANKLIN, Printer, (like the cover of an old book, its contents torn out, and stript of its lettering and gilding) lies here food for worms ; yet the work itself shall not be lost, for it will (as he believed) appear once more in a new and more beautiful edition, corrected and amended by THE AUTHOR.
121. oldal - Abou Ben Adhem (may his tribe increase!) Awoke one night from a deep dream of peace, And saw, within the moonlight in his room. Making it rich, and like a lily in bloom, An angel writing in a book of gold: Exceeding peace had made Ben Adhem bold, And to the Presence in the room he said, "What writest thou?" — The vision raised its head, And with a look made of all sweet accord. Answered, "The names of those who love the Lord.
20. oldal - ... times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon...
106. oldal - Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!
77. oldal - I said to the man who stood at the Gate of the Year, 'Give me a light that I may tread safely into the unknown.' And he replied, 'Go out into the darkness, and put your hand into the Hand of God. That shall be to you better than light, and safer than a known way.
48. oldal - Since then two hundred years have fled, And, I infer, the calf is dead. But still he left behind his trail, And thereby hangs my moral tale. The trail was taken up next day By a lone dog that passed that way; And then a wise bell-wether sheep Pursued the trail o'er vale and steep. And drew the flock behind him...
108. oldal - Then give to the world the best you have, And the best will come back to you.
92. oldal - If you can dream — and not make dreams your master; If you can think — and not make thoughts your aim; If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster And treat those two imposters just the same...
101. oldal - I am only one; But, I am one. I cannot do everything But I can do something. What I can do, I ought to do; And what I ought to do, By the grace of God, I will do.