The Remarkable Conversion and Christian Experience of Mary Hurll: With Meditations on Some Passages of the Scripture, as Taken from Her Own Mouth. In Two Parts
John Marshall, 1719 - 132 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
able according Adam Afflictions alſo anſwer bear becauſe behold believe Bleſſed Body bring broken brought caſt Child Chriſt conſider conſider'd convinc'd Death deſire Devil direct Duty Earth enabled eternal Evil Experience Faith fall Father fear felf firſt Garden gave give given Glory God's Grace gracious Hand hard hath hear heard Heart Heaven himſelf Hope Jeſus keep knew Knowledge laſt live Look Lord Love Means Meditations Members Mercy Mind muſt Name Nature never once Perſon Place plead Power Prayer Promiſe reaſon reflected rich Grace ſaid ſame ſay Scrip Scripture ſee ſelf Sermon ſhall ſhe ſhould Sinners Sins ſome Soul ſpeak Spirit ſtill Strength ſuch thee ther theſe things thoſe thou thought thro told Tree troubled true ture underſtand unto uſe Voice walk wonderful World
118. oldal - THUS saith the Lord, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: Where is the house that ye build unto me? And where is the place of my rest ? For all those things hath mine hand made, And all those things have been, saith the Lord: But to this man will I look, Even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, And trembleth at my word.
73. oldal - Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things that are written in the book of the law to do them,
4. oldal - ESHCOL; A CLUSTER OF THE FRUIT OF CANAAN, BROUGHT TO THE BORDERS FOR THE ENCOURAGEMENT OF THE SAINTS TRAVELLING THITHERWARD, WITH THEIR FACES...
72. oldal - Fear not, little flock, it is your Father's good pleafure to give you the kingdom,' meaning the kingdom of heaven, Luke xii.
72. oldal - Strait is the way and narrow is the gate that leads to life and few there be that go in thereat. " There is a fatuous idea that the reliance of Anglo-Saxon civilization is in the color of its skin. Is that not a terrible mistake? De-civilization can go on under white skin. The brutish and the ineffectual are not all black. "This is a white man's country...
119. oldal - No eye pitied thee, to do any of these things unto thee; but when I passed by thee, and looked upon thee, behold thy time was a time of love. And I spread my skirt over thee, and covered thy nakedness; yea, and I sware unto thee, and entered into covenant with thee, and thou becamest mine.
111. oldal - The gospel is strict," was her reply ; " the cutting off a right hand, or the plucking out of a right eye, though only used as metaphors and illustrations, is surely more strict than anything I have said. The standard of religion should be always kept high : the very best of us are always sure to pull it down a good many pegs in our practice, but how much lower is the practice of those who fix a lower...
42. oldal - Christian Messenger. Only acknowledge thine iniquity, that thou hast transgressed against the Lord thy God, (Jer. iii. 13.) and return unto the Lord, and he will have mercy upon thee; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. (Isaiah Iv. 7.) In reply to these words, the captive uttered such terrible things as I forbear to repeat. So the Christian messenger forbore at that time to say more to him ; but taking the hand of Nazareenee, he led him back towards the way of salvation. Now when the pilgrim...