Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Abd-ur-rahman alabaster Amadiyah amongst ancient appear Arabs Asheetha Assyrian Baghdad bas-reliefs Beder Khan Bey British Museum brought building carried Cawass centre Chaldaeans chamber chariot chief Christians church cuneiform descended desert discovered discovery earth edifice encampment entrance eunuchs Euphrates excavations Fcap feet formed fragments head horsemen horses houses Ibrahim Agha inhabitants inscriptions Ismail Pasha Jebours journey Kalah Kasha Khorsabad king Kouyunjik Kurdish Kurds lions Melek Mesopotamia monuments Mosul mound mountains Mussulmans N. W. Palace Nestorian night Nimroud Nineveh ornaments party Pasha plain plunder Portrait Post 8vo priests principal probably raft reached remains resembling river rocks rode round rubbish ruins sacred scarcely sculptures Second Edition Shammar Sheikh Adi Sheikh Nasr side Sinjar slabs Sofuk stones sun-dried bricks tents Third Edition Tigris Tiyari Tkhoma tomb trees trenches tribe valley village Vols walls warriors whilst winged bulls winged figures women Woodcuts workmen Yezidis
54. oldal - All the fowls of heaven made their nests in his boughs, and under his branches did all the beasts of the field bring forth their young, and under his shadow dwelt all great nations.
325. oldal - Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a twoedged sword in their hand; 7 to execute vengeance upon the heathen, and punishments upon the people; ' to bind their kings with chains, and their nobles with fetters of iron; 'to execute upon them the judgment written: this honour have all his saints.
4. oldal - BELL (Sir Charles). The Anatomy and Philosophy of Expression, as Connected with the Fine Arts.
49. oldal - Sheikh could be prevailed upon to descend into the pit, and convince himself that the image he saw was of stone. " This is not the work of men's hands...
256. oldal - When thou shalt besiege a city a long time, in making war against it to take it, thou shalt not destroy the trees thereof by forcing an axe against them: for thou mayest eat of them, and thou shalt not cut them down (for the tree of the field is man's life) to employ them in the siege: 20 Only the trees which thou knowest that they be not trees for meat, thou shalt destroy and cut them down; and thou shalt build bulwarks against the city that maketh war with thee, until it be subdued.
255. oldal - Therefore, thus saith the Lord concerning the king of Assyria, He shall not come into this city, nor shoot an arrow there, nor come before it with shield, nor cast a bank against it.
309. oldal - Chaldeans pourtrayed with vermilion, girded with girdles upon their loins, exceeding in dyed attire upon their heads, all of them princes to look to, after the manner of the Babylonians of Chaldea, the land of their nativity...
216. oldal - How then wilt thou turn away the face of one captain of the least of my master's servants, and put thy trust on Egypt for chariots and for horsemen ? 25 Am I now come up without; the LORD against this place to destroy it? The LORD said to me, Go up against this land, and destroy it.
54. oldal - And he will stretch out his hand against the north, and destroy Assyria; and will make Nineveh a desolation, and dry like a wilderness. And flocks shall lie down in the midst of her, all the beasts of the nations: both the cormorant and the bittern shall lodge in the upper lintels of it; their voice shall sing in the windows; desolation shall be in the thresholds: for he shall uncover the cedar work.