Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
act shall take action aforesaid amend amount annual applied appointed assessment assessors authorized bond building canal cause certificate Chap charge clerk collected commissioners common council contract corporation court damages deem deposit direct directors district duties eight election enact as follows enter entitled examination exceeding execution expenses fifty filed fire five four fund held hereafter hereby highway hold hundred interest issued judgment justice lands manner meeting nate and Assembly necessary New-York notice owner paid party Passed passed April payment penalty perform person police prescribed present president proceedings proper published purchase raised real estate receive regulations remove represented respective road roll street supervisors take effect immediately term therein thereof thousand dollars tion town treasurer trustees village vote ward warrant York
899. oldal - ... but the person pledging such stock shall be considered as holding the same, and shall be liable as a stockholder accordingly, and the estates and funds in the hands of such executor, administrator, guardian or trustee, shall be liable in like manner, and to the same extent as the testator or intestate. or the ward or person interested in such trust fund would have been, if he had been living and competent to act, and held the same stock in his own name.
79. oldal - The court may determine any controversy between parties before it, when it can be done without prejudice to the rights of others, or by saving their rights; but when a complete determination of the controversy cannot be had without the presence of other parties, the court must then order them to be brought in.
76. oldal - Constable, upon a liability incurred by the doing of an act in his official capacity, and in virtue of his office, or by the omission of an official duty, including the non-payment of money collected upon an execution.
65. oldal - ... to the effect that they are bound, in double the value of the property, as stated in the affidavit of the plaintiff, for the delivery thereof to the plaintiff, if such delivery be adjudged, and for the payment to him of such sum as may, for any cnuse, be recovered against the defendant.
93. oldal - In an action for libel or slander, it shall not be necessary to state in the complaint any extrinsic facts for the purpose of showing the application to the plaintiff of the defamatory matter out of which the cause of action arose ; but it shall be sufficient to state generally that the same was published or spoken concerning the plaintiff; and if such allegation be controverted, the plaintiff shall be bound to establish on the trial that it was so published or spoken.
96. oldal - The court may, before, or after judgment, in furtherance of justice, and on such terms as may be proper, amend any pleading, process, or proceeding, by adding or striking out the name of any party, or by correcting a mistake in the name of a party, or a mistake in any other respect...
938. oldal - ... in its discretion, and upon such terms as may be just, at any time within one year after notice thereof, relieve a party from a judgment, order, or other proceeding, taken against him through his mistake, inadvertence, surprise or excusable neglect...
80. oldal - ... notice to such person and the adverse party, apply to the court for an order to substitute such person in his place, and discharge him from liability to either party, on his depositing in court the amount claimed on the contract, or delivering the property or its value to such person as the court may direct; and the court may, in its discretion, make the order.
75. oldal - Within the age of twenty-one years; or, 2. Insane; or, 3. Imprisoned on a criminal charge, or in execution upon conviction of a criminal offense, for a term less than for life.