Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
appears attended authority believe Bill called cause character Christ Christian Church common considered course death Dissenters divine doctrine doubt duty effect England established evidence existence expressed fact faith Father feel friends Geneva give given gospel Government ground hand heart Holy honour hope House human important interest Jesus John judge language late learned less letter living Lord manner means Meeting ment mind minister nature never object observed occasion opinions original passage passed pastors persons preached present principles prove question readers reason received refer regard religion religious remarks respect Scriptures sense shew Society speak spirit suffered taken thing thought tion translation true truth Unitarian whole wish worship writings
265. oldal - Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation : 8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to-day, and for ever.
279. oldal - Now, if nature should intermit her course, and leave altogether though it were but for a while the observation of her own laws; if those principal and mother elements of the world, whereof all things in this lower world are made, should lose the qualities which now they have; if the frame of that heavenly arch erected over our heads should loosen and dissolve itself; if celestial spheres should forget their wonted motions, and by irregular...
279. oldal - ... if celestial spheres should forget their wonted motions, and by irregular volubility turn themselves any way as it might happen; if the prince of the lights of heaven, which now as a giant doth run his unwearied course, should as it were through a languishing faintness begin to stand and to rest himself; if the moon should wander from her beaten way, the times and seasons of the year blend themselves by disordered and confused mixture, the winds breathe out their last gasp...
399. oldal - Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men; but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him. But whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.
347. oldal - Leave thy fatherless children, I will preserve them alive; and let thy widows trust in me.
87. oldal - Osiris, took the virgin Truth, hewed her lovely form into a thousand pieces, and scattered them to the four winds. From that time ever since, the sad friends of Truth, such as durst appear, imitating the careful search that Isis made for the mangled body of Osiris, went up and down gathering up limb by limb still as they could find them.
278. oldal - Sing, heavenly muse, that on the secret top Of Oreb, or of Sinai, didst inspire That shepherd, who first taught the chosen seed, In the beginning, how the heavens and earth Rose out of chaos...
36. oldal - But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment : yea, I judge not mine own self. For I know nothing by myself, yet am I not hereby justified ; but He that judgeth me is the Lord.