Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Sermons on the Present State of Religion in This Country, and on Other ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2017
againſt almoſt alſo amongſt attention authority becauſe become believe Benevolence beſt bleſſed called character charity child Chriſt Chriſtian church comfort commanded common conduct conſider courſe depend directed doctrine duty earth effects eternal evil example exiſtence eyes faith father fear feel firſt future give Goſpel hand happineſs happy hath hear heart Heaven himſelf holy hope hour houſe human infant inſtances inſtruction Jeſus judgment juſtice knowledge live look Lord manners means ment mind morality moſt mother motives muſt nature neceſſary neglect never obedience obligation obſerved orphans ourſelves parents perhaps piety poor precept preſent principles reaſon receive religion reſpect Sabbath ſame ſay ſee SERMON ſervant ſhall ſhould ſome ſoul ſtate ſtill ſubject ſuch teach themſelves theſe thing thoſe thou thought tion truth uſeful vice virtue whole whoſe young
165. oldal - When I say unto the wicked, thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at thine hand.
15. oldal - Lord, who liveth and reigneth with thee and the Holy Spirit, one God, world without end. Amen.
35. oldal - For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept ; line upon line, line upon line ; here a little, and there a little...
x. oldal - My son, help thy father in his age, and grieve him not as long as he liveth. And if his understanding fail, have patience with him; and despise him not when thou art in thy full strength.
97. oldal - Come ye blessed children of my Father, receive the kingdom prepared for you from the beginning of the world : Grant this, we beseech thee, O merciful Father, through Jesus Christ, our Mediator and Redeemer.
60. oldal - will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgment; that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.
36. oldal - I think I may say, that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education.
ix. oldal - And he went down with them, and came to Nazareth, and was subject unto them : but his mother kept all these sayings in her heart.
90. oldal - Christianity ; they are not ours unless they be the virtues and tempers of our ordinary life. So that Christianity is so far from leaving us to live in the common ways of life, conforming to the folly of customs, and gratifying the passions and tempers which the spirit of the world delights in, it is so far from indulging us in any of these things, that all its virtues which it makes necessary to salvation are only so many ways of living above, and contrary to, the world...