Horæ Apocalypticæ: Or, a Commentary on the Apocalypse, Critical and Historical; Including Also an Examination of the Chief Prophecies of Daniel. Illustrated by an Apocalyptic Chart, and Engravings from Medals and Other Extant Monuments of Antiquity, 4. kötet
Seeley, Burnside, and Seeley, 1847
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according alike Angel answer Antichrist Apoc Apocalyptic appeared applied authority Babylon Beast believe Bishop Book called century chapter character Christ Christian Church coming Compare consider dead death desolation destruction earth empire evidence explained expression fact faith fall False fathers figured fire former four give given glory God's Greek hand head heaven Hebrew holy interpretation Israel Italy Jerusalem Jewish Jews John judgment King kingdom land latter literal living Lord mark meaning natural Note notice observed opened Papal passage perhaps period persecution Pope preceding present probably prophecy prophetic Protestant reader reference Reformation regard reign respect resurrection Roman Rome saints says Scripture Seal seems sense seven signify speaks spirit supposed symbol temple things third tion true Trumpet unto verse vision voice whole Witnesses
80. oldal - And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast it into the great winepress of the wrath of God.
174. oldal - But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.
107. oldal - Then the Lord rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the Lord out of heaven ; and he overthrew those cities, and all the plain, and all the inhabitants of the cities, and that which grew upon the ground.
249. oldal - I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
92. oldal - And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.
92. oldal - And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.
193. oldal - The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; and shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
298. oldal - If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb...
231. oldal - And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain : for the former things are passed away. 5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write ; for these words are true and faithful.
103. oldal - And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning. 10 Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty city ! for in one hour is thy judgment come.