Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
advantages allowed Amirs appear arms attended authority banks become Bilúchi boats Bombay branch British called camel capital character chiefs classes common completely consequence considered consists course court cultivated Delta demand direct duties East effect employed expenses extent faith force former grain greater hands head Hindú Hyderabad immediate importance increase India induced Indus influence inhabitants interests Khan kind labour land latter limited looked lower Mahomed Mahommedan manufactured March means ment merchant miles military mountains native navigation nearly necessary object obtained occasions occupied officers particularly passed period Persian portion position possessed present preserves princes principal produce result retainers rich river rule rulers season seen Sehwun Shah Sindh Sindhian situated soil stream supplied Talpúr Tattah territories throughout tion town trade tribes troops Upper various wants whilst whole
276. oldal - Encyclopaedia of Geography ; comprising a complete Description of the Earth : Exhibiting its Relation to the Heavenly Bodies, its Physical Structure, the Natural History of each Country, and the Industry, Commerce, Political Institutions, and Civil and Social State of All Nations. Second Edition ; with 82 Maps, and upwards of 1,000 other Woodcuts. 8vo. price 60s. Neale.
280. oldal - Short Whist; its Rise, Progress, and Laws : With Observations to make any one a Whist Player. Containing also the Laws of Piquet, Cassino, Ecarte, Cribbage, Backgammon. By Major A. New Edition ; to •which are added, Precepts for Tyros, by Mrs. B. Fcp. 8vo. 3s. Sinclair. — The Journey of Life.
271. oldal - New Edition. Fcp. 8vo. 5s. cloth. HUDSON.-PLAIN DIRECTIONS FOR MAKING WILLS In Conformity with the Law, and particularly with reference to the Act 7 Will. 4 and I Viet, c. 26. To which is added, a clear Exposition of the Law relating to the distribution of Personal Estate in the case of Intestacy ; with two Forms of Wills, and much useful information, &c.
271. oldal - Kirby and Spence's Introduction to Entomology ; or, Elements of the Natural History of Insects : Comprising an Account of Noxious and Useful Insects, of their Metamorphoses, Food, Stratagems, Habitations, Societies, Motions, Noises, Hybernation, Instinct, &c.
271. oldal - A Dictionary of Science, Literature, and Art : Comprising the History, Description, and Scientific Principles of every Branch of Human Knowledge ; with the Derivation and Definition of all the Terms in General Use.
270. oldal - AND ENGLISH LEXICON TO THE NEW TESTAMENT: especially adapted to the use of Colleges, and the Higher Classes in Public Schools; but also intended as a convenient Manual for Biblical Students in general. By Dr. BLOOMFIELD. 2d Edition, enlarged and improved. Fcp. 8vo. 10s. 6d. cloth. BOY'S OWN BOOK (THE): A Complete Encyclopedia of all the Diversions, Athletic, Scientific, and Recreative, of Boyhood and Youth.
271. oldal - BRITANNICA. Containing the Mosses of Great Britain and Ireland, systematically arranged and described; with Plates, illustrative of the character of the Genera and Species. By Sir WJ HOOKER and T. TAYLOR, MDFLS, &c. 2d Edition, 8vo. enlarged, 31s. fill, plain ; .-£3. 3s. coloured. HORNE (THE REV. TH)-AN INTRODUCTION TO THE CRITICAL STUDY and KNOWLEDGE of the HOLY SCRIPTURES.
271. oldal - Taylor, 21s. cloth. HOWITT.-THE RURAL AND SOCIAL LIFE OF GERMANY : With Characteristic Sketches of its Chief Cities and Scenery. Collected in a General Tour, and during a Residence in that Country in the Years 1840-42. By WILLIAM HOWITT, Author of "The Rural Life of England,
271. oldal - Paper; with the Divisions and Boundaries carefully coloured. Constructed entirely from New Drawings, and engraved by SIDNEY HALL. New Edition, thoroughly revised and corrected ; including all the Alterations rendered necessary by the recent Official Surveys, the New Roads on the Continent, and a careful Comparison with the authenticated Discoveries published in the latest Voyages and Travels. Folded in half, Nine Guineas, half-bound in russia ; full size of the Maps, Ten Pounds, half-bd.