Bradshaw's railway &c. through route and overland guide to India, Egypt, and China; or The traveller's manual [&c. Title varies. Afterw.]. Bradshaw's through route overland guide to India, and colonial handbook [afterw.] Bradshaw's through routes to the capitals of the world and overland guide to India, Persia, and the Far East [afterw.] Bradshaw's through routes to the chief cities of the world. [Issues for 1858-62, 65, 69, 71/2, 73/4, 75/6, 78/9, 84, 98, 1903,  13].
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
1st class 20 words 2nd class Aden Aleppo Alexandria annas arrive banks Batavia bazaar beautiful Bengal boat Bombay Bradshaw's British Bushire Bussora Cairo Calcutta capital caravanserai carriage Ceylon charged China Chinese Church climate coast Constantinople Consul Continental Guide covered Diarbekir diem distance Ditto east Egypt Egyptian England English Euphrates European Fares feet high florins francs gardens Government harbour horses House India island journey Kertch land leave luggage Madras Mail Malta Marseilles Mauritius Messrs miles month mosque Mosul mountains native Nile Office Oriental Company's Overland Palace palkee pass passengers Peninsular and Oriental Persian piastres plain Population port proceed Railway residence river ROUTE ruins Rupees sail silk situated Southampton Spanish dollars square miles station Steam steamer Street Suez Telegraph temple thence Tigris tombs town traveller trees Trieste vessels vicinity village walls words to London
50. oldal - The seniority in the Civil Service of India of the selected candidates shall be determined according to the order in which they stand on the list resulting from the Further Examination.
50. oldal - Commissioners, or after he shall have attained the age of twenty-four years. 11. The selected candidates who at the Final Examination shall be found to have a competent knowledge of the subjects specified in Regulation 9, shall be adjudged to have passed, and to be entitled to be appointed to the Civil Service of India.
362. oldal - This invaluable remedy produces quiet, refreshing sleep, relieves pain, calms the system, restores the deranged functions, and stimulates healthy action of the secretions of the body, without creating any of those unpleasant results attending the use of opium. Old and young may take it at all hours and times when requisite.
362. oldal - WOOD stated that DR. J. COLLIS BROWNE was undoubtedly the inventor of Chlorodyne, that the whole story of the Defendant Freeman was deliberately untrue, which he regretted to say had been sworn to.— See Times, July 13, 1864.
50. oldal - Examination, as may be deemed necessary. 8. — The marks obtained by each Candidate, in respect of each of the subjects in which he shall have been examined, will be added up, and the names of the Candidates who shall have obtained a greater aggregate number...
50. oldal - Candidates who shall have obtained a greater aggregate number of marks than any of the remaining Candidates will be set forth in order of merit, and such Candidates shall be deemed to be selected Candidates for the Civil Service of India, provided they appear to be in other respects duly qualified.
50. oldal - None is obligatory. 5. The merit of the persons examined will be estimated by marks; and the number set opposite to each branch in the preceding regulation denotes the greatest number of marks that can be obtained in respect of it. 6.
362. oldal - Old and young may take it at all hours and times when requisite. Thousands of persons testify to its marvellous good effects and wonderful cures, while Medical Men extol its virtues most extensively, using it in great quantities in the following diseases : — Cholera, Dysentery, Diarrhoea, Colics, Coughs, Asthma, Rheumatism, Neuralgia, Whooping-Cough, Cramp, Hysteria, &c.
50. oldal - No subjects are obligatory. 5. The merit of the persons examined will be estimated by marks ; and the number set opposite to each branch in the preceding Regulation denotes the greatest number of marks that can be obtained in respect of it.
362. oldal - Jailed in one single instance to effect a cure. In cases of toothache, and even confirmed rheumatism, it has almost invariably given relief. In the almost numberless cases of consumptive cough, which abounded in the neighbourhood, it afforded ease, which the sufferers could obtain from nothing else. I have also found very great benefit from its use myself, and am now able to take duty as usual, after my life was despaired of from apparently developed phthisis.