The Monthly Repository of Theology and General Literature, 15. kötet
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
addressed answer appears argument attended authority believe Bishop called cause character Christ Christian Church civil common considered death desire Dissenters Divine doctrine duty effect established evidence existence express fact faith Father feel friends give given gospel hand heart Holy honour hope House human important interest Jesus John King language late learned less letter liberty live Lord manner means meeting ment mind ministers moral nature never object observed occasion opinion passage persons prayer preached present principles Protestant prove punishment question readers reason received regard religion religious remarks respect Scripture seems sense Sermon Society spirit suffer supposed term thing thought tion true truth Unitarian University whole wish worship writer
520. oldal - But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.
482. oldal - For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ.
162. oldal - Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh : who are Israelites to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises, whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.
96. oldal - He scarce had ceased, when the superior fiend Was moving toward the shore ; his ponderous shield, Ethereal temper, massy, large, and round, Behind him cast ; the broad circumference Hung on his shoulders like the moon, whose orb Through optic glass the Tuscan artist views At evening from the top of Fesole Or in Valdarno, to descry new lands, Rivers, or mountains, in her spotty globe.
520. oldal - Behold my servant, whom I uphold ; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth ; I have put my spirit upon him : he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.
340. oldal - Who sees with equal eye, as God of all, A hero perish, or a sparrow fall, Atoms or systems into ruin hurl'd, And now a bubble burst, and now a world.
358. oldal - Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
165. oldal - Out of the eater came forth meat, and out of the strong came forth sweetness.
292. oldal - Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake : whether it be to the king, as supreme ; or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well.
424. oldal - And David said to all the congregation, Now bless the LORD your God. And all the congregation blessed the LORD God of their fathers, and bowed down their heads, and worshipped the LORD, and the king.