The Book of Common Prayer, and Administration of the Sacraments, and Other Rites and Ceremonies of the Church, According to the Use of the Protestant Episcopal Church in the United States of America: Together with the Psalter, Or Psalms of David
S. Andrus & son., 1844 - 570 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according ALMIGHTY Amen answered behold believe beseech thee Bishop bless blood body bring called cast CHRIST our Lord Church Collect comfort commandments David death deliver desire dwell earth enemies Epistle eternal everlasting evil eyes face faith Father fear follow give given glad glory Gospel grace grant hand hath hear heard heart heaven heavenly Holy Ghost Israel JESUS CHRIST judge keep King land Lesson light live look LORD mercy mighty mind Minister MORNING mouth peace praise pray prayer Priest promise PSALM receive rejoice righteous saints saith salvation Saviour servant sing sins soul speak Spirit stand strength thanks thine things thou art thou hast thou shalt thy holy thy name trouble trust truth turn unto thee verse voice
27. oldal - I believe in one God the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible : And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only-begotten Son of God, begotten of His Father before all worlds ; God of God, Light of Light, very God of very God, begotten, not made, being of one substance with the Father ; by whom all things were made...
112. oldal - But Jesus called them unto him, and said, "Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority upon them. But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister; and whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant: even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.
104. oldal - And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.
56. oldal - For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
42. oldal - BLESSED Lord, who hast caused all holy Scriptures to be written for our learning ; grant that we may in such wise hear them, read, mark, learn, and inwardly digest them, that by patience, and comfort of thy holy Word, we may embrace, and ever hold fast the blessed hope of everlasting life, which thou hast given us in our Saviour Jesus Christ.
11. oldal - Jews' passover was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem, and found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the changers of money sitting. And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen ; and poured out the changers...
262. oldal - Original sin standeth not in the following of Adam — as the Pelagians do vainly talk — but it is the fault and corruption of the nature of every man, that naturally is engendered of the offspring of Adam ; whereby man is very far gone from original righteousness, and is of his own nature inclined to evil, so that the Flesh lusteth always contrary to the Spirit; and therefore, in every person born into this world, it deserveth God's wrath and damnation.
104. oldal - Then Herod, when he saw that he was mocked of the wise men, was exceeding wroth, and sent forth and slew all the children that were in Bethlehem, and in all the coasts thereof, from two years old and under, according to the time which he had diligently inquired of the wise men.