Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Abraham according ancient animals appear Assyria believed belong Biblical blessing brother brought called Canaan cause chapter character chief comp connection considered creation daughter descendants described destroyed Divine doubt earth east Egypt Egyptian Esau especially evidently existence Exod express fact father former give greater hand heart heaven Hebrew human idea important inhabitants instance intended Isaac Isai Jacob Joseph Judg king Laban land later laws less light lived Lord meaning mentioned mind mountain narrative nature Noah offered once origin passage perhaps period Persian present probably produced promised prove reason received regarded remained REMARKS renders represented returned river seems sense seven sons spirit thee thou tion took town tribes vers whilst whole wife
260. oldal - Lord, thou hast had pity on the gourd, for the which thou hast not laboured, neither madest it grow; which came up in a night, and perished in a night: And should not I spare Nineveh, that great city, wherein are more than sixscore thousand persons that cannot discern between their right hand and their left hand; and also much cattle ? MICAH.
558. oldal - That which was torn of beasts I brought not unto thee ; I bare the loss of it ; of my hand didst thou require it, whether stolen by day, or stolen by night. Thus I was ; in the day the drought consumed me, and the frost by night; and my sleep departed from mine eyes.
127. oldal - Let the woman learn in silence, with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
448. oldal - By myself have I sworn, saith the LORD, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son, That in blessing I will bless thee...
222. oldal - And God spake unto Noah, and to his sons with him, saying, And I, behold, I establish my covenant with you, and with your seed after you ; and with every living creature that is with you, of the fowl, of the cattle, and of every beast of the earth with you from all that go out of the ark, to every beast of the earth.
188. oldal - And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high hills that were under the whole heaven were covered.
32. oldal - These are thy glorious Works, Parent of good, Almighty! thine this universal frame, Thus wondrous fair: thyself how wondrous then, Unspeakable! who sitt'st above these heavens To us invisible, or dimly seen In these thy lowest works; yet these declare Thy goodness beyond thought, and power divine.
420. oldal - Then the LORD rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD out of heaven ; And he overthrew those cities, and all the plain, and all the inhabitants of the cities, and that which grew upon the ground.