A Vindication of the Christian Religion: In Two Parts. A discourse of the nature and use of miracles. An answer to a late book entitled, A discourse of the grounds and reasons of the Christian religion. I. II.
S. Chandler, 1728 - 404 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
A Vindication of the Christian Religion: In Two Parts; I. A Discourse of the ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2016
able accompliſhment according againſt allowed alſo anſwer apoſtles appear applied argue argument aſſiſtance becauſe believe cauſe character Chriſt Chriſtianity circumſtances confirmation conſider contrary convinced delivered deſign devils divine doctrines doth effect eſtabliſh evidence evil excellent expect facts faith falſe farther firſt give given goſpel greater hath himſelf impoſture influence inſtance Jeſus Chriſt Jewiſh Jews judge juſt leaſt Lord manner matter meaning ment Meſſiah method miracles miſſion moſt muſt nature neceſſary never objections obligation Old Teſtament particular paſſages performed perſon plain pretending principles proof proper prophecies prophets prove reaſon received reference relating religion revelation ſaid ſame Saviour ſcripture ſeems ſenſe ſent ſhall ſhould ſome ſpeak ſpirits ſtate ſuch ſufficient ſuperior ſupport ſuppoſe tells teſtimony themſelves theſe theſe things things thoſe tion true truth uſe wonderful worſhip writings wrought
66. oldal - Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, and CHANGED the glory of the uncorruptible God into AN IMAGE made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
37. oldal - If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father.
47. oldal - And he said unto him. If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.
353. oldal - And he came and dwelt in a city called Nazareth: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophets, He shall be called a Nazarene.
230. oldal - He shall have dominion also from sea to sea, And from the river unto the ends of the earth. They that dwell in the wilderness shall bow before him And his enemies shall lick the dust. The kings of Tarshish and of the isles shall bring presents The kings of Sheba and Seba shall offer gifts. Yea, all kings shall fall down before him : All nations shall serve him.
232. oldal - For it came to pass, when Solomon was old, that his wives turned away his heart after other gods: and his heart was not perfect with the Lord his God, as was the heart of David his father.
301. oldal - And they taught in Judah, and had the book of the law of the LORD with them, and went about throughout all the cities of Judah, and taught the people.
237. oldal - cleanfe you. A new heart alfo will I give you, and a " new fpirit will I put within you...