Three discourses; one on the parable of Dives and Lazarus, the second on that of the unjust steward, and the third, on that of the ten virgins. With a preface, giving some account of the author's writings and life
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Abraham againſt alſo becauſe believe beſt better bleſſed Body bring Children Chriſt Chriſtian Church comfort coming Command concerns condition conſider dead Death deſire doth Earth eternal evil expect Eyes faith Father fear felves firſt Fleſh foever give given Glory God's Goodneſs Hand hath hear Heart Heaven Hell himſelf Holy Honour hope Judge Judgment keep Labour Lazarus Light live Lord Lufts Man's Maſter means mind moſt muſt Nature never once Perſons pleaſure poor preſent Providence ready reaſon Repentance rich ſaid ſame Saviour ſay Scripture ſee ſeem ſelf ſelves ſerve ſhall ſhould Sins ſome Souls Spirit Steward ſuch ſure tell thee themſelves theſe things thoſe thou thought told Torments trouble truth unto uſe waſte Wealth whilſt wicked Wiſdom wiſe World
288. oldal - And the Lord said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous, I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto me; and if not, I will know.
180. oldal - ... how shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him ; God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?
387. oldal - ... far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come ; and hath put all things under his feet, and gave Him to be head over all things to the Church, which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.
2. oldal - But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented. And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed; so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.
141. oldal - Depart from us; For we desire not the knowledge of thy ways. What is the Almighty, that we should serve him? And what profit should we have, if we pray unto him?
191. oldal - And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.
306. oldal - The words of his mouth are iniquity and deceit: he hath left off to be wise, and to do good.
142. oldal - They take up all of them with the angle, they catch them in their net, and gather them in their drag: therefore they rejoice and are glad.