Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
adherents answer appearance arms army arrival Author battle believe brother called Castle cause Charles chief chieftains clans cloth command conduct Cope Court Crown 8vo Demy 8vo Domestic Duke Edinburgh Edition enemy England English entered expected father favour force France French friends give given Government hand Highlanders History honour hope House Illustrations interest Italy Jacobites James John joined King land letter London Lord George Macdonald matter military Murray never Newcastle night occasion officers once opinion Papers passed person Perth possession Post 8vo present Pretender Prince Princess raise reached rebels received refused regiments remained resolved retreat Rome Royal Highness Scotland sent side soon Stuart subjects success taken thing thought town troops whilst whole wish writes young
160. oldal - There was a sound of revelry by night, And Belgium's capital had gathered then Her Beauty and her Chivalry, and bright The lamps shone o'er fair women and brave men; A thousand hearts beat happily; and when Music arose with its voluptuous swell, Soft eyes looked love to eyes which spake again, And all went merry as a marriage bell; But hush!
332. oldal - Assaying : As applied to the Manufacture of Iron from its Ores, and to Cast Iron, Wrought Iron, and Steel, as found in Commerce.
93. oldal - Let what will happen, the stroke is struck, and I have taken a firm resolution to conquer or to die, and stand my ground as long as I shall have a man remaining with me.
118. oldal - ... secure till our further orders, the person of the Elector of Hanover, whether landed, or attempting to land in any part of His Majesty's dominions. Should any fatal accident happen from hence, let the blame lie entirely at the door of those who first set the infamous example.
129. oldal - He slept little, was continually occupied with all manner of details, and was, altogether, most indefatigable, combining and directing alone all our operations ; in a word, he was the only person capable of conducting our army.
317. oldal - The Life and Times of Prince Charles Stuart, Count of Albany, commonly called the Young Pretender. From the State Papers and other Sources. New and Cheaper Edition, with a Portrait, crown 8vo, cloth extra, 7s.
171. oldal - But Gard'ner brave did still behave Like to a hero bright, man ; His courage true, like him were few, That still despised flight, man ; For king and laws, and country's cause, In honour's bed he lay, man ; His life, but not his courage, fled, While he had breath to draw, man. And Major Bowie, that worthy soul, Was brought down to the ground, man ; His horse being shot, it was his lot For to get mony a wound, man : Lieutenant...
206. oldal - Blood, hereby require you to open your Gates, and let us enter, as we desire, in a peaceable Manner ; which if you do, we shall take Care to preserve you from any Insult, and...